• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Scar's and ACR's

LukeUSMC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2008
Louisiana
$2500+ for a plastic gun and isn't worth near that much!?!?! I don't care if it JUST came out! NOT worth it. You could get a POF .308 or SOO many other things for much less!

Sorry needed to vent... Fuck Bushmaster's prices...

Re: Scar's and ACR's

+1
I was excited about this gun until i saw the price. There is no way I would pay that much when there are so many other options out there.

The Scar looks awesome !!! no doubt, but its just a glorified AR. You could set up a competition AR for the price of a scar !!. I have not seen any SCAR heavies, that might be another story

Im waiting till we see the 7.62 SCAR come on the civie market.. If it does. Cant imagine what that price will be. Maybe Ill just stick to my POF

it that the one with side charging bolt. I love that option. That is about all I really like about it. scar made by FN? I have handled a couple and like them better than ar-15s.

I have a m14 in a sage and it's nice, but I want a carbine in .308. Would love a scar heavy or .308 ACR but that'll never happen. Might go with a .308 POF

Talked to a guy at the last show and still no word on when the dealer's can get their hands on some H's

I am willing to buy a SCAR for $1600.

Until then, I guess I will just scrape carbon off my bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am willing to buy a SCAR for $1600.

Until then, I guess I will just scrape carbon off my bolt. </div></div>
1+

I picked up one of the standard scars and it was extremely light. I love the finish on them. Personally, can't really go wrong with FN.

I handled both @ Shot, the SCAR felt refined, the ACR felt like a cheap POS, SCAR has a chrome lined 1/7 twist, ACR is not chrome lined and has a 1/9 twist, both are way over priced, I would rather have a nice tricked out AR15.

I handled a SCAR at the local shop. Didn't feel like $3000 worth to me either.