• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scenar bullets

jyd

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2008
Idaho
Does anyone know what silver jacket is on the Secnar bullets? Or what it's purpose is. All I know is that they cost more. JYD

Re: Scenar bullets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what silver jacket is on the Secnar bullets? Or what it's purpose is. All I know is that they cost more. JYD</div></div>

Molybdenum

You can google it's purpose. If you don't read enough of other people arguing with each other about whether it's good or bad, just start a new topic here and I'm sure you'll get more arguing.

Thanks for the info, I thought it was their version of something slick but it didn't seem to rub off. JYD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info, I thought it was their version of something slick but it didn't seem to rub off. JYD </div></div>

Actually, when you apply moly properly, you're pounding it into the pores of the gilding metal jacket and once you tumble off the residue, you don't get much on your fingers.

I've got the Lyman moly kit and it works pretty well. Guys using the coffee can and BBs method, usually don't tumble off this residue and so the bullets are messier to handle.

At one point, I did 1000 .338 300gr SMKs and you could pick your nose after handling them, it was embeded that well.

Chris