• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Scenars for hunting question

Re: Scenars for hunting question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes </div></div>
and another yes! And it leaves a nasty exit wound!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, they work well.</div></div>

+1

I took this hog with a 139 scenar. About #160 on the hoof and DRT with a shot through the spine in the neck.
DSCN0078.jpg

Shot a deer with the 139 this year and it was nasty. I have no doubts they will work just as well on a hog.

Shot a deer a while back/w a 123gr, killed it, ran about 50yds but it did kill it

Hmmmm, I like what I'm seeing.

Been using Berger 140VLD and 140Amax in a 6.5-06AI and they are working well but I think the 139Scenar has a slightly better BC so I just may have to give them a try as well. Was concerned they wouldn't expand but after looking at some of these pics that is no longer a concern.

Any of you 6.5cal shooters work up any loads with the other 140's(Berger,Amax,SMK) and if so how close were your other 140gr loads to your 139 Scenar loads????

alandpat022.jpg

This large bodied mule deer buck was taken with one well placed 139gr scenar to the chest.

PGS always delivers in these Scenar threads
laugh.gif

I find that the scenar doesnt expand too quickly (exploding on the skin), but it does expand enough inside the animal.

I have also noted very good penetration on very hard targets