• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and Bender MTC LT Turret Questions

gmlattanzi

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2011
I received a new 5-25 with MTC LT turret and the clicks didn't seem nearly as audible or tactile as other S&B scopes I've had. Any one have experience with this and should the clicks be like the ones in the below video?

I received a new 5-25 with MTC LT turret and the clicks didn't seem nearly as audible or tactile as other S&B scopes I've had. Any one have experience with this and should the clicks be like the ones in the below video?

The clicks in my S&B MTC LT elevation turret went mute during a match. I sent it off to the service center, it arrived back a few days ago, and that's fixed, but there's something else wrong with the elevation turret now. Oh joy

My elevation turret did the same thing. No longer has audible clicks. Because of my location I’m just going to live with it, I don’t want to be without a scope for 6 months. It still tracks and does what I need it to do.

Ha! Mine just did the same thing. I removed the turret and cleaned the gears inside, but found a disturbing amount of silver metallic splinters in the teeth. I cleaned them out and it worked for a day, and started doing it again. Something is giving off metal inside the turret: either the teeth on the gear or the pawl that engages the teeth. I think it’s the pawl wearing out.

Ha! Mine just did the same thing. I removed the turret and cleaned the gears inside, but found a disturbing amount of silver metallic splinters in the teeth. I cleaned them out and it worked for a day, and started doing it again. Something is giving off metal inside the turret: either the teeth on the gear or the pawl that engages the teeth. I think it’s the pawl wearing out.

Call us at the service center when you have a week or so you can without it. We can fix it and turn it around the same day if we know it's coming. If you need the number just let me know. Depending on where you live you may have it back in the same week.

The clicks in my S&B MTC LT elevation turret went mute during a match. I sent it off to the service center, it arrived back a few days ago, and that's fixed, but there's something else wrong with the elevation turret now. Oh joy

Steve,
Didn't we get this figured out for you? Let me know if you still are having issues. Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,

No we didn't, you might be thinking of someone else. I won't go into the details here but I did send my scope back yesterday. I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

Thanks

Reactions: Plange