• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and Bender Scope help Frustrated

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
So i just received my first ever German Girl Friend. Schmidt and Bender 5x25 PMII MSR. My problem is when placing it in the proper ring Height rings, the bottom on the scope hits the mount.

All discloser

O cant Murphy rail on an AI Mark 2

I tried to place it in Badger one piece 20 MOA Cant. I then tried placing it in the 28 MOA cant AI mount. Both times it bottoms out.

I really want to use a one piece so that I can get the 20 MOA cant. Any ideas.

I have taken all the mounts off the gun. There would only be about an 1/8 or inch between the barrel and the bell. The scope is hitting the mount. There is a buldge on the bottom side of the turrets that is hitting the mount it self. The barrel and the bell are fine. I had enough room. It is this Bulge ( no other word for it, if you know of one please let me know.) that is Contacting the mounts.

Spuhr 4001 or 4002 are what you seek. Not sure on the equivalent canted model numbers if you require some cant to the base.

I have taken all the mounts off the gun. There would only be about an 1/8 or inch between the barrel and the bell. The scope is hitting the mount. There is a buldge on the bottom side of the turrets that is hitting the mount it self. The barrel and the bell are fine. I had enough room. It is this Bulge ( no other word for it, if you know of one please let me know.) that is Contacting the mounts.

Doesn't make sense. There is a "flat" on the bottom side of the turrets, not a bulge. Pics are needed.

Without seeing pictures I can only guess you have the wrong height rings .

Last edited:
Seems like the turret housing protrudes a bit on the bottom? Is that what you're talking about?

5-25x56-pm-ii-lp-gr.jpg

If you don't want to spend "Spuhr money" on a one piece solution. Pick yourself up a Murphy 20 MOA pic rail then a set of American Rifle Company M-10 scope rings that are 34mm by 28 mm tall that will give you about .200 under that bump to the rail.
I just picked up the same scope and mounted it on my AIAE MK3 using that set up and it fits great.
Scott

Get the 45 moa AI mount. It is the only AI mount made to fit the 5-25 SB. All of the other AI mounts require machining to clear the turret housing.

geissele makes a one piece mount for the S&B 5-25 as well. primary arms has them on sale a lot. you can also look at MPA. their mounts are solid and better priced than sphur

that is one thing about the one piece mounts. you may have to go higher than what you would with rings cause of the "connector plate" between the two. it is what it is if you want to stay with a one piece mount

I would just go for the Burris XTR SIgnature Adjustable rings. 2piece, but no ring marks. Ever.

LowLight, Thanks for the information. I think I have settled for the MPA mount. Thanks guys for all of you information. I appreciate it.

AI also makes a 0moa mount for the 5-25. I picked one up from MileHigh last week for $125. Probably about the most economical solution out there.
In the interest of correct info, there are at least two AI mounts you could use.

Yeah I need at least 20 MOA. Not sure with a 45 MOA I could zero at 100.

The max can't you can have on a SB 5-25x is about 45moa. I'd play it safe and do 40moa overall with scope/ rail combo.

I have a spuhr 4601 (20moa) that I need to move. PM if you're interested. It's going to cost more than that MPA though lol. Yes it'll fit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the offer. I will only be shooting the 260 out to 1200 After that I will use my 338 lapua. I really dont want to have 300 plus tied up in a mount. Those spurs are nice. Just to rich for my blood. Thanks for the offer.