• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender 3-20x50

mclevela

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Moorcroft, Wyoming
I am looking to purchase Schmidt & Bender 3-20x50 with the Klein
reticle.
Who has them? I contacted SWFA and they are out of stock. Any hide vendors have them in stock?

Thanks

Re: Schmidt & Bender 3-20x50

I'm wanting the H2CMR. I didn't think they were even out yet. Cool.

I would have said Euro Optic, but I did a quick search and did not see any 3-20x50's, they do have a ton of other S&B glass though. You might want to contact them though and see if they can get one for you, they are really easy to work with.

the 3-20's aren't out yet, everyone is patiently waiting. they've given multiple lead times, latest I've heard is June

910 grams
32 ounces
2 lbs

32 ounces seems lighter than the other two. I'd go with that one.

Been told April by our rep. I have one with the H2CMR on order. Can't wait for it.

When I talked to Marcia yesterday, she thought June would be reasonable. Could it be earlier? Maybe, but I would not hold my breath. I've got 4 with the H2CMR on order, along with 5-25's and 1-8's, we'll see when they arrive.

Impatiently waiting for one with a Klien reticle myself.

Now I just need to sell off my Mark 4 Lupy's
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwoGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">910 grams
32 ounces
2 lbs

32 ounces seems lighter than the other two. I'd go with that one.</div></div>
That's so true, good call.

Is it confirmed that it will be available with the Klein? I thought that was under speculation... If so i'll be happy though. Im waiting on this tube myself... albeit impatiently.

The Klein is listed on the German site for the 3-20x but I will check.

I was told the 3-20 will only come with the MTC locking turrets...I was worried because those who have had them in their hands say the MTC 10th stop is so hard you blow by the next three clicks after. What about the locking turret...some don't like it but I do not know why.

Any of you have an opinion?

What are the MTC turrets? I know it stands for More Tactile Clicks but what exactly does that do for the scope?

Slap at every full mil there is a heavier detent so you know you are at each full mil.

Dyoung, I have never been a big fan of the MTC knobs from anyone, not just S&B, for the reason you mentioned as they all do that but I plan on using them on this scope because the pros of the scope outweigh that small negative for me. The locking turret you can either use or not as it's not spring loaded. Don't want to lock then just leave it alone.

Thanks Rob...I came to the same conclusion...I have 2 on order with the H2CMR reticle. Hope I did not make a mistake

Was just told the Klein will be available in the 3-20x for anyone who was interested.

June , not sure I can wait that long for a scope to go on my new 7mmwsm. I also have a Klein on order. I will have the rifle in my hands in 2 weeks. Really want to shoot it and work on getting my dope for hunting season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rassmussen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any news on this scope? I'm thinking investing in one instead of the 5-25 but it depends on when it will be available.

-R </div></div>

Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rassmussen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any news on this scope? I'm thinking investing in one instead of the 5-25 but it depends on when it will be available.

-R </div></div>

Just heard from the guys at Sports Optics - first quarter of 2012.

At this rate I could just as easily believe 1st quarter of 2013

Last I heard (rumors): end 2011 at the soonest ( in Europe)

By-the-way, shooting at a target and showing shot groups doesn't prove or demonstrate scope value or performance.

Respectfully,
mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: totenkopf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By-the-way, shooting at a target and showing shot groups doesn't prove or demonstrate scope value or performance.

Respectfully,
mark
</div></div>

Respectfully, wtf does your statement have to do with the subject of this thread?

-R </div></div>

In the same boat
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: totenkopf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By-the-way, shooting at a target and showing shot groups doesn't prove or demonstrate scope value or performance.

Respectfully,
mark
</div></div>

Respectfully, wtf does your statement have to do with the subject of this thread? </div></div>

Yeah.....I thought I missed something....

The 3-20x50 is listed on SWFA's site but doesn't say if it's a pre-order or if it's available. If it lets you add to cart, does that mean it's actually available for purchase?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NewTRGShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it lets you add to cart, does that mean it's actually available for purchase? </div></div>

No it doesn't. I recently had an issue with them regarding this. I went through the entire order process and then 36 hours later got an email saying things were back ordered. I sincerely wish they would state if things are in stock or not on their site, it isn't like every other online vendor hasn't figured out how to do it.

Oh wow... good to know! Saved me the headache! Guess it's back to the drawing board

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NewTRGShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 3-20x50 is listed on SWFA's site but doesn't say if it's a pre-order or if it's available. If it lets you add to cart, does that mean it's actually available for purchase? </div></div>

I won't be out till Jan or Feb 2012

I called a rather large S&B dealer and they told me that it will not be out until later this year.

My response was- I thought it was suppose to be out already.

His response- "They always lie"

Is this scope out in the US now? We still dont have them in Norway... Ive tried to contact S&B by e-mail, but they dont reply. If anyone has a working email adress, please PM it to me.

you might want to check their website again. the info on it was incorrect for quite some time. I never did receive replies from email sent to the customer service address they had listed on their website last year. their postal address was also incorrect. both have been changed in the last few weeks.

edit: though i wouldn't expect a response from anyone until after SHOT

ok. thank you. Ordered the scope this summer. waiting aaaaand waiting. So it hasnt come to the US either? I see that it is in some of the stores, but do they deliver? Please ask them at SHOT if anyone is there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirhitalot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok. thank you. Ordered the scope this summer. waiting aaaaand waiting. So it hasnt come to the US either? I see that it is in some of the stores, but do they deliver? Please ask them at SHOT if anyone is there. </div></div>

Where do you see that its in some stores? It hasn't been released in the US at all yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirhitalot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok. thank you. Ordered the scope this summer. waiting aaaaand waiting. So it hasnt come to the US either? I see that it is in some of the stores, but do they deliver? Please ask them at SHOT if anyone is there. </div></div>

Where do you see that its in some stores? It hasn't been released in the US at all yet. </div></div>

Maybe he means he sees it on some of the stores web sites but it ain't available yet.