• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Schmidt & Bender 4-16x50 Klassik P3 BDC

Schaaf

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2014
Fort Peck, MT
5CD0A599-D247-46F3-AA10-80A018ADBD7B.jpeg
39BA4BF7-903E-4090-ADDD-BA6FFFFE462E.jpeg
7E44ED2D-1441-4875-9BEC-5F79F0D293E7.jpeg
5328E638-09DA-4695-AD04-112FCA828ED7.jpeg
FDE69349-7B3D-4A66-A131-2C57836A0ADA.jpeg
Selling for a buddy.

Schmidt and Bender 4-16x50 Klassik P3 BDC. There are some ring marks on the tube from the Nightforce 1 piece it was sitting in. Just got back from the S&B center in Virginia for a cleaning before I listed it.
It will also include the Tenebraex Flip Cap objective cover.
$1200 TYD

Last edited:
If I remember right this scope only has about 5-6 mils of adjustment on the dial right? If you remove the dial can you adjust it more to account for a 20MOA base, or is 5/6 mils all it can do?

If I remember right this scope only has about 5-6 mils of adjustment on the dial right? If you remove the dial can you adjust it more to account for a 20MOA base, or is 5/6 mils all it can do?
Very limited travel. Im not exactly sure how many mils it has but I believe a 20MOA base would be too much for this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: UpSideDown
Very limited travel. Im not exactly sure how many mils it has but I believe a 20MOA base would be too much for this.
S&B doesn't publish the info on their site but I recall seeing it somewhere, maybe Eurooptic. Thank you!

Seller is G2G, just bought a Leica Magnus from seller.

S&B doesn't publish the info on their site but I recall seeing it somewhere, maybe Eurooptic. Thank yo

Know this post is a bit old but putting this here for others who have these S&B Klassik 3-12x50 or 4-16x50 units (and some Zenith series) or are considering getting one with the same question. The consideration is being presented for people short on cash wanting to get the most for their money from an alpha-tier scope manufacturer.

As said, 20 moa is too much cant for these hunting scopes to be able to zero at 100 yards (shots will be above the target on the lowest elevation setting if you try it; ask me how I know). I have the same scope (got it new for under a grand; could not pass up the deal) and measured one of these and found it to have exactly 56 clicks at 0.1 mil (5.6 mils/19.25 moa) in either direction from center for a total travel of 112 clicks or 11.2 mils/38.5moa of elevation range (bare minimum for .308 to even think about 1000 yards; again, ask me how I know). That said, a call to Jerry Ricker (excellent service professional, btw) at Schmidt & Bender USA (Winchester, VA) confirmed as much saying using a 20 moa cant mount/rings or rail is beyond the usable elevation range for most Klassik/Zenith series scopes. He also related going to the ends of the elvation range would compress the internal erector springs too much for reliable long term use and that 15 moa cant set-ups work reliably.

If you are wanting to squeeze out yet a little more elevation without exceeding factory specs, it turns out the best mount for these 30mm tube S&B Klassik/Zenith scopes are the Accuracy International Picatinny Mounts (AI Model #6371 with 30mm rings or AI Model #3108 with 34mm rings with 30mm ring inserts) with 18 moa of cant on a zero moa rail to still make zero at 100 yards. These AI mounts give you about 10.8 mils/37 moa of useable elevation.

Most S&B Klassik/Zenith series scopes come with a single dot reticles and Capped Turrets (CT), but if you are lucky, you might get one with the P4FL reticle and classic BDC turrets which will make any decent garden variety 6.5 Creedmoor rifle with premium ammunition into a reliable 1000 yard tack driver (again, ask me how I know). That is, find a good deal, use the correct mount, and for a lot less money than scopes 2-5 times the price, you will get a high quality S&B Schott glass scope that can reasonably dial elevation with excellent factory support.

Last edited:
According to the Eurooptic website listing, it is not illuminated for this model:

Keep in mind though, for these Klassik series scopes, even if illuminated, the only thing that lights up is the center dot, nothing else. Even so, on the highest setting, it is barely visible as it is meant to be used in low light, not day bright environments. So says Jerry Ricker of Schmidt Bender USA (Winchester, VA) and also from what I can tell from personal experience with these models.

For a no-dial, point blank to 300-ish predator hunting optic, it sounds like it would be a great choice. I've been eyeing them for a 22-250 or similar. Maybe a 1-10 6GT for 70's.

Reactions: CaseFinder