• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender 5-25 PMii Help (Impacts are landing the opposite of Turret Markings)

ilovevtac

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2017
Hey Guys,

Complete noob here. I got a new Schmidt and Bender 5-25 PMII CCW MTC LT in a 20 MOA Base.

First outing was today and I'm shooting at 100 yards.

For some reason when I'm trying to adjust for windage or elevation, I'm having to go to the opposite of what the turret markings indicate.

So if I'm my shot is to the left and I want to bring it to the right. I turn my turret towards the "R" (Counter-Clockwise) but instead of bringing my next shot to the right, it moves it farther to the left :mad:

And vice versa for the Elevation, If I'm hitting High and want to go down, I would try to turn my turret clock wise... but my next shot goes higher :mad:

I'm shooting 2/3 shots before making an adjustment and the groups are tight but the trend is the same. My shots are landing the opposite of my turret markings....

Attached a picture of my turret below, Any help would be greatly appreciated!

23889450137_ff0a1a1912.jpg

Have you considered turning the turrets the opposite direction?

Have you considered turning the turrets the opposite direction?

I had to do that to get my zero, but was wondering if that was normal? The manual says to turn in the direction of the turret markings to make your appropriate adjustments, not to go the opposite of them.

Zero'd it at 100 yards and it's spot on and did the zero reset on the turrets. Worried that if I want to dial up for elevation, my shots are going to land low. And since I'm already at "0", it can only go like .6 mils before I can't even turn the turret anymore.

I would try again and really be deliberate on which way you’re dialing. I don’t say this to be an ass but I went from a Kahles left wind to the same setup you have on same day and I screwed up dialing wind two range trips before I got it in my head that the knob especially wind isn’t as intuitive right off for me.

On my Khales I would dial to the L or R as they are marked 1R, 2R etc so you dial into the R so R1 was a mil right and vice versa.

On the s&b say you want to dial 1 mil left wind. You are turning the turret up in direction of arrow with L by it to go left and it actually brings the R closer to the arrow which can get confusing almost feels like dialing right wind if you use other optics or new to them. Saw another guy do this too.

Id be surprised if the s&b has issues but anything is possible.

Elevation is harder to mess up. If MTC turret is zeroed as in your picture you don’t have much down adjustment due to zero stop. If you’re on zero and it goes more than a few clicks when trying to move down I’d check direction there too. Dialing so 13 comes toward arrow on mine trying to go down I only get 2-3 clicks below 0 then stops. Dial up so 1 2 3 etc are above white arrow is up and other than MTC got 2 revs.

Thanks! Definitely going to be more deliberate with my adjustments tomorrow when I go back up there to confirm. I really hope it's just me (very well could be haha)

I would try again and really be deliberate on which way you’re dialing. I don’t say this to be an ass but I went from a Kahles left wind to the same setup you have on same day and I screwed up dialing wind two range trips before I got it in my head that the knob especially wind isn’t as intuitive right off for me.

On my Khales I would dial to the L or R as they are marked 1R, 2R etc so you dial into the R so R1 was a mil right and vice versa.

On the s&b say you want to dial 1 mil left wind. You are turning the turret up in direction of arrow with L by it to go left and it actually brings the R closer to the arrow which can get confusing almost feels like dialing right wind if you use other optics or new to them. Saw another guy do this too.

Id be surprised if the s&b has issues but anything is possible.

Elevation is harder to mess up. If MTC turret is zeroed as in your picture you don’t have much down adjustment due to zero stop. If you’re on zero and it goes more than a few clicks when trying to move down I’d check direction there too. Dialing so 13 comes toward arrow on mine trying to go down I only get 2-3 clicks below 0 then stops. Dial up so 1 2 3 etc are above white arrow is up and other than MTC got 2 revs.

From looking at your picture you definitively should have CCW turrets. For "up elevation" (move point of impact up) you should be turning the turret counter clockwise, for windage to move the POI right you would turn the turret CCW. If that is not what is happening then somehow you have a CW scope with CCW turrets installed on it,

Thanks! Definitely going to be more deliberate with my adjustments tomorrow when I go back up there to confirm. I really hope it's just me (very well could be haha)

Contact me at the service center if you find an issue or am unsure about anything. If there is an issue we'll send a return ship label and get it taken care of.

Contact me at the service center if you find an issue or am unsure about anything. If there is an issue we'll send a return ship label and get it taken care of.

Speaking from experience, Jerry is THE S&B man. He knows it all and then some. Take him up on his offer as he can truly answer any question in reference to their scopes. Great guy

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com

I had to do that to get my zero, but was wondering if that was normal? The manual says to turn in the direction of the turret markings to make your appropriate adjustments, not to go the opposite of them.

Zero'd it at 100 yards and it's spot on and did the zero reset on the turrets. Worried that if I want to dial up for elevation, my shots are going to land low. And since I'm already at "0", it can only go like .6 mils before I can't even turn the turret anymore.

I'm guessing you have CW turrets with CCW labeled turret caps.

i got a leupold scope that does the same shit. in MY case, it's a hunting rifle and other than sighting it in, there is no dialing going on. so i just dialed it the opposite way.

next year i will be trying a S&B. i have two us optics now, and i just HAVE to get some hands on experience. it's killing me.

Was able to take it to the range today and it was user error before. Totally relieved...the deliberate turns helped a lot. I guess I thought I was turning in the correct direction before but actually wasn't.

Thanks for all the responses!

Was able to take it to the range today and it was user error before. Totally relieved...the deliberate turns helped a lot. I guess I thought I was turning in the correct direction before but actually wasn't.

Thanks for all the responses!

Glad you got sorted out. We've all made funny mistakes when starting out. :)

To move the point of impact to the right you turn the windage turret AWAY from the R. Notice the arrow above the L visible in the picture indicates turning the knob towards the R in order to move impact to the left.

It's pretty confusing, I don't know why the numbers above the zero don't just have an L next to them (1L, 2L, etc) rather than the way it is marked.

I had this exact issue on a Short Dot several years back and Jerry took care of me ASAP....