• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender 6x42 made in West Germany

A1para

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2004
Eastern, NC
Hello,
I recently acquired a 6x42 Schmidt & Bender made in West Germany. This scope obviously has a little age on it but is in very good shape.

I would appreciate it if anyone would enlighten me on how the adjustment knobs work. The knobs are hunting type knobs I think. They are finger adjustable but have a smaller screw visible on top of the knobs. This screw while visible is covered by a plastic film which has the markings on it. Is this screw to zero the knob after scope has been adjusted or should it be left alone?

Thanks,

Sim

Re: Schmidt & Bender 6x42 made in West Germany

turret001.jpg

H will move POI up....each click will move the bullet 1 centemeter at 100 meters. The window indicates how much below or above center you have adjusted.

Hope this helps..

Thanks, PGS

I understand the up/down left/right and the adjustment per click. The little screw had me wondering what the heck it was for. I tried searching every way I could think of for an owner's manual and the only thing I came up with is on Schmidt & Bender's website. Their limited instructions weren't too clear to my simple mind.

I did notice that as the knob was turned the dot next to the little screw would change its relative position it just seemed like there should be more to it.

Thanks again,

Sim

Although this thread is almost two years old now, I just had the same question and found out. Perhaps some other folks need the info too.
I found out, through S&B's website, that this little screw is an indicator that shows the reticle's relative position in the scope. The little dot is actually supposed to show where the reticle is within its adjustment limitations.
Take a look at page 16 in this pdf: S&B information