• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt Bender Germany Website Updated...

Matt in Virginia

Minuteman
Apr 24, 2001
Chesapeake, Virginia
Gentlemen,
This has likely already been posted, and in that case I hope you will forgive my redundancy, however, if has not: Schmidt Bender Germany has mercifully reinstated and updated their webpage as opposed to relying on the importer. You may find it of interest. It is, of course, in German. However, you can read between the lines or give either myself or the importer a call with any questions. We finally have pictures of the 1.5-6x20 PM GSG9/SHORT DOT instead of rumors. The new 1-8x24 Short Dot is also pictured. I reserve judgement or comment on either until I have significant hands on. The latter of the two got off to a slow start by a staffer daftly putting a mock up on the table at SHOT, without describing it as such, and many, many attendees came away with a dim view of that optic. No pun intended...

I'm perplexed with a few additions and delighted with others. All things considered we are seeing some interesting developments out of Biebertal this year. My favorite LR optic, the 4-16x42 PMII LP Single Turn with Gen2/Klein may be supplanted by the new 3-20x50 PMII LP Double Turn. All with .1 Miliradian Klicks of course. That said I greatly prefer smaller objectives and single turn turrets...fwiw

What I would like to see is price readjustment down to current Dollar to Euro Valuations. We've suffered price hikes for the last 4 to 5 years. It is time we see some of those "temporary" adjustments corrected. I shall be in the corner holding my breath...

That said if the companies show any fiscal honesty, and Schmidt Bender has been very good about this in the past, we may see European Optics become more affordable when compared to recent American and Japanese Optical Offerings. Neither of which has, in my most humble opinion, matched the intuitive nature of the best from Germany. They have, however, taken the opportunity to raise their prices to near parity even though their parts/sub assemblies were not significantly impacted by the Euro Exchange Rate...fwiw & imho

www.schmidtundbender.de

Best Regards, Matt Garrett.
757-581-6270

Re: Schmidt Bender Germany Website Updated...

strange
I ordered a S@B 1-8x24 PM short Dot with the horus 58 reticle
have the email and spec, showing the reticle option even asked the sustention of this reticle and i have all the replies saying they do have it has option
but on their german site they don't offer this reticle
in your opinion could that be just a mistake on their site?
tried sending them a e-mail but it does not work

Does the 1-8 have a daylight visible dot? From the site it doesn't seem like it does.

Good luck

man if the prices came down on s&b i don't think people would consider buying anything else. i recently finally sucumbed to the s&b glass with a 5-25 and it opened my eyes to a new level of quality i hadn't seen before. I can't wait until the 3-20x comes out I will for sure be trying one of those hopefully in p4f.

thanks for the update

I just ran a S&B 1.5-6 ShortDot at two 3Gun matches a couple weeks ago...most of the stuff was short and that red dot was perfect. I seem to like it on the number 10 as far as brightness goes. They have an off notch on either side of the power settings which makes it fast and easy to turn on and off.

I cranked it up to 6x for one stage and it was money. I would not run the red dot at that power since it gets big but the reticle is just right.

The 1-8 is about perfect...I really can't wait to run it.

Respectfully,

--KJ

Dear God please let these ship soon. They have said August possibly but guessing the way it always seems to be probably Oct or Nov.

Well the 10x42 PMII is not listed< i wonder if it has been discontinued?

Last I spoke with S&B, their guess for a shipping timetable was October for the 3-20x50.

I have had a 1.1-4 Short Dot on my 16" carbine for the last couple years and I'm very pleased with it, especially when I get out to 200 yards+. I have a new LMT 308 on the way and would love to try the new 1-8 Short dot. Any news on them Matt?