• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender H2CMR or MSR?

Polizei45

Student of the Bolt Action Rifle
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I have decided to buy a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25X56. It will go on a AIAT 6.5 Creedmore. I will be using the rifle for a future precision rifle class, shooting steel at distance and may be some day trying a match. S&B didn't have a H2CMR at Shot Show to look through and I never did look at the MSR reticle either. Any thoughts one way or the other for these 2 reticles? Thanks.

I like the h2cmr. It is quite clean but fairly easy to range with.

My only experience with the msr is in a Steiner but I have a SB with the H2CMR and it's been my favorite so far. I dial elevation and the .2 mil holds on the h2cmr are excellent. JMO

I have the MSR on my S&B and love it! Really great reticle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the first two posters in the H2CMR being my favorite of the two. Worked great when I used it at matches. I liked that the whole reticle illuminated and not just the cross center. I never really understood the excitement of the MSR as to me it's a P4F with a mil scale in the lower quadrant. The H2CMR can break down to .1 mil easily enough if needed to range.

OP here is a pic of the H2CMR on a 400 yard target array. I think it was on 20x when the pic was taken.

Here's more of the reticle at I think 10x. I took these a while ago so not 100% sure.

I also really like the H2CMR. It's the only S&B reticle I'll use.

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

Reactions: Inline6
When the MSR is available, I see no point in going for anything else. The MSR reticle is close to perfect IMHO.

I prefer the H2CMR - and have two of them.

+1 for the msr ; love the fine milling scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 S&Bs with the H2CMR. A 5-25x56 & a 3-20x50. Love the reticle. My second favorite reticle ever (first is the Kahles SKMR). Great for refined holds on windage.

I really like the MSR in my PMll, here is video showing all the differant ways you can range with it and how fast it can be. I know its easy to pull out your sig kilo or whatever rangefinder you may use, but this reticle will do the job in outstanding fashion if you electronics ever fail. Its actually pretty accurate and fun to learn to use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4YD_-ZqI4o

Big fan of the H2CMR - I've got a 3-20 and a 5-25. Uncluttered reticle and the .2 mil wind holds can't be beat for precision work.

I'm a fan of .2 mil hashes.
I had a scope with MSR reticle (Steiner, practically the same reticle) and at the time I thought it was tits but if I had the choice now I'd go H2CMR.

I have the MSR and really like it. I shoot it in comps and it works great. I have looked through the H2CMR and a P4F. The P4F is hard to pick up on some targets that have shade or are not painted white on cloudy days. When I get another S&B it will be a H2CMR just for comps. The MSR works great and I have never felt like it cost me points even in hold over only stages. But after spending more time looking through the H2CMR it is definitely easier to hold fine adjustments for wind and hold over only stages. The MSR is hands down winner for field use. The inverted L is awesome I use it a lot for adjustments really takes the guess work out of misses. But for a gun used for comps I think the H2CMR has a slight advantage with the .2 marks and open dots.

Having both the MSR and the h2cmr I have to say I would go with the h2cmr, the 2/10 wind holds are perfect and you can range just as easy with it also ,I also like that the h2cmr is a little finer cross hair for small Target work, you really can't go wrong with either one but the finer cross hair and the 2/10 wind holds make it a little easier and a little faster then the MSR half mil, I also have the MSR in a Steiner and the crosshairs are much too thick and it it's not an apples-to-apples comparison with the Schmidt and Bender MSR, the h2cmr is my choice of the 2. I was a big MSR Fan until I spent some time behind the h2cmr I don't feel handicapped whatsoever with the H2 it will do everything the MSR will for the most part with the exception of the man size million scale.

Big fan of the H2CMR - I've got a 3-20 and a 5-25. Uncluttered reticle and the .2 mil wind holds can't be beat for precision work.

I thought for a minute that I had posted this. I have the exact set of scopes as well. Love the H2CMR from S&B, a SKMR, and a couple Gen 2XRs.

Can you please post a thru the scope reticle picture on 3x an 20x . So close to making a decision on one of those. But I haven't seen the 3 to 20 yet

Can you please post a thru the scope reticle picture on 3x an 20x . So close to making a decision on one of those. But I haven't seen the 3 to 20 yet

No picture, but the H2CMR is awfully thin on 3x. Out here in the east, wooded areas make the reticle a bitch to find on low power. I would be just fine with it if it had a heavy duplex like the P4, MSR, Gen2XR, etc. But for my gas gun application I am looking to swap the scope out for something like the other three reticles I noted.

No picture, but the H2CMR is awfully thin on 3x. Out here in the east, wooded areas make the reticle a bitch to find on low power. I would be just fine with it if it had a heavy duplex like the P4, MSR, Gen2XR, etc. But for my gas gun application I am looking to swap the scope out for something like the other three reticles I noted.

I agree. The H2cmr worked well at high magnification but was lacking at low. The dots/hashes blurred together below 8x making them unusable for me. Reticle was on the fine side at 3x although illumination helped.

I ended up trading for a Kahles and couldn't be happier.