• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender or US Optics

Re: Schmidt & Bender or US Optics

It is called business and money. I am sure Kelly McMillan is getting money.

Dude. Pick any of the "Big 5" and you won't be let down. Different strokes for different folks. Like I said before, I've never had a USO let me down, they meet my needs, the company is great, and I simply don't have a reason to buy any of the others. I wouldn't not hesitate a minute to own any of them.

THE BIG FIVE:

S&B
PR
USO
Hensoldt/Ziess
NF

For ME, the <span style="font-weight: bold">big three</span> are:

S&B
Hensoldt

NF not close to the top two, but great scopes notheless

Buy one of each then you cannot go wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude. Pick any of the "Big 5" and you won't be let down. Different strokes for different folks. Like I said before, I've never had a USO let me down, they meet my needs, the company is great, and I simply don't have a reason to buy any of the others. I wouldn't not hesitate a minute to own any of them.

THE BIG FIVE:

S&B
PR
USO
Hensoldt/Ziess
NF </div></div>

Like the way you think Bill.
laugh.gif

My personal experience:

I had all S&B scopes on my rifles & absolutley loved them, but I drank the internet "cool-aid" on US Optics scopes and ordered one.

So after waiting almost 2X's the quoted build time, a wrong reticle installation, and several emails to John the owner, my SN-3 finally arrived. Took it out of the box & was completely disappointed!! The glass seemed 'hazy' to me compared to my S&B scopes. Boxed it back up & sold it the very next day, then ordered another S&B PMII. I will never venture away from S&B glass again - the best out there FOR ME!!!

This was my in-my-hands experience/thoughts. Buy what you like & don't look back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwp475</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If money was not an issue what would be your choice for a higher power scope. I am wanting it for 1000 to 1500 yard shooting. I have a nightforce NXS 5.5-22 and love it but would like a little more power, I have tried the NightForce 12-42 and it is not what I am looking for. Anyone with any experience with the USO 10-42, S&B Police Marksman or any other comparable scope. I am looking for up to 25X and higher,I want to only buy one scope like this and I want the best there is, which I know that much of that is personal preference but being I have no experience with any of the high end scopes other than Night Force I would like to here what some of you think. Thanks </div></div>

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) the Canadian sniper that made the 1 1/2 mile kill in Afganastan used a Nightforce </div></div>

Well there you have it, we should all sell our scopes and buy a Nightforce so we too can make shots like that.

Classic example of "internet rambling" at its best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For 1500M and Precision, NOTHING beats(money no object) a
USO SN-9 with a 80mm objective. If you can see the center of what you want to hit, and hit it right, that scope will do the job. I will one day be able to eat enough raman to buy both the scope and the gun just to be able to shoot 1500M - 2k, but for now my raman diet and range are good for about 600M
grin.gif
</div></div>

LOL.. Maybe i need to go on the raman diet.

You said the 5.5x 22 isnt what you want as well as the 12x42. You might want to check on the 8x32. Nightforce is the way to go for me. I like the simplicity of them. My two cents.