• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt Bender PM II High Power 5-45x56

brianf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
NY
Been staring at this one for a while now.
Does anyone have real world experience with it.
i like the 45 power up top for 100 yard group stuff, but able to drop it down to a usable number to stretch its legs.

thanks

tried to make myself want that one, but there are only simple reticles.
no "tree's" for holding.

watched it about 10 times lol

thanks

tried to make myself want that one, but there are only simple reticles.
no "tree's" for holding.
watched it about 10 times lol
thanks

They actually do have it in a "tree" type reticle, the Tremor3:
https://www.eurooptic.com/S-B-5-45x56-PM-II-High-Power-34mm-666-911-532-G8-E8.aspx

However:
Once you start getting up close to the upper range, you are not going to see anything of your tree, pretty much just the center line and a few hashes below it so a non complicated thin line reticle such as the P4F or the H2CMR work quite nicely.

sorry i meant the 12-50 has simple ones, thats one reason the 5-45 sparked interest

just took a second look and now im tracking...dumbass

I just sold mine with a Tremor 3. It is an amazing scope, and I used it for the 2018 PRS season. I sold it because I never found myself using it above 20x, but it is a tad long if you use a lot of clip-on optics in front of it (especially a long bodied one like a HISS). Aside from that, mechanically and optically it is as good as anything else I've ever used or handled.

Thanks guys.
I've been shooting my ax in 6br and 260 a lot.
Kids like the 6 because it always hits the bull and no recoil.
I've been using the 260 for steel and hunting (but over the past few years my hunts aren't backpack for miles so the weight doesn't really matter.
Was figuring I can have a scope with high end for 1-200 yard groups and the 5-20 for hunting.
2 birds 1stone.
How did you lose the tremor, never used a tree ret but always looked interesting.

The 5-45x56 PMII is a great optic. Only thing to consider is that the reticle gets pretty big at 45x. I always tell people that it is a rifle scope and spotting scope in one. I'd be happy to help you get one if you'd like. Feel free to shoot me a message or call anytime.

David
Precision Rifle Division
605-228-3315

Thanks I’ll give a call tomorrow. What time zone are you in

The vast majority of S&B scopes are FFP and this one is likely as well. And I suspect it has the same 34 mils of elevation that the newest version of the 3-27x has along with the price. Then again, it’ll be at least a year before any of these are available, so don’t hold your breath.

I believe this scope only has 20mil of elevation available.
Link to Franks review isn’t working for me, so don’t quote me on this, but I seem to remember the available elevation being surprisingly low.

Schmidt lists the 5-45 with 26.5 mil elevation travel. If you need more travel you might check out the new March 5-42x56 High Master with 40 mil of travel.