• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender scope question

bradfondle

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2019
Has anyone used or owns a 5-45x56 PM II High Power and speak to/compare it to the 5-25x56 PM II High Power? Is it worth the gobs of extra money? I have used the latter and just curious to know what folks thought.

Well shit. I jumped in cause the title said S&M scopes. Thought there was some new kinky shit I didn’t know about. Now that I’m here, I too am curious about the 5-45. Specifically the LRR-MIL version. Looking hard at the 5-45 in that flavor.
Omg... to funny... For a second I was going to add a leadin commet to thst affect, but opted not to...

I believe this scope only has 20mil of elevation available.
Link to Franks review isn’t working for me, so don’t quote me on this, but I seem to remember the available elevation being surprisingly low.

The 5-45 is offered with a double turn locking MTC with 27 mil of elevation adjustment on the knob. Internally it has around 35 which is a little more than a 5-25. The 3-27, 5-20 and 3-20 have a considerable amount of additional internal adjustment compared to the other PM II's. This is the primary reason why they are offered with a 35 mil and a 34 mil option for the 3-27.

The 5-45 is offered with a double turn locking MTC with 27 mil of elevation adjustment on the knob. Internally it has around 35 which is a little more than a 5-25. The 3-27, 5-20 and 3-20 have a considerable amount of additional internal adjustment compared to the other PM II's. This is the primary reason why they are offered with a 35 mil and a 34 mil option for the 3-27.
Would you be able to confirm that no tunneling issue on 3-27 and 5-45 high power scope now?

And any new shipment of 5-25 PMII still having the tunneling issue or it has been fixed?

No tunneling is present on the 3-20's, 5-20, 3-27 or 5-45.

The 5-25 lens system has not changed since its introduction in 2003 therefore the tunneling can not be eliminated in it's current design.

Reactions: M289
@Jerry R , how much internal elevation does the 3-27 model with the DT34 turret have?