• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt Bender turret problems

LanceS4803

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2011
Middle TN
We recently received some used Schmidt Bender scopes.
Most scopes are fine but the 4-16x42 PMIIs are giving me a problem. Each scope has a different issue:
1. The single turn elevation turret will only turn to 7.
2. The single turn elevation turret will only turn to 6.
3. The double turn elevation turret will only turn to 12.
Is this something the previous user had set up?
Can the zero stop be reset to regain full use of the turret?

Sounds like they are running out of travel. I would try to loosen the zero stop (allen screws) pick up the turret advance it a bunch push it back down, crank it back to zero and test see if you've increased the turret travel.

We recently received some used Schmidt Bender scopes.
Most scopes are fine but the 4-16x42 PMIIs are giving me a problem. Each scope has a different issue:
1. The single turn elevation turret will only turn to 7.
2. The single turn elevation turret will only turn to 6.
3. The double turn elevation turret will only turn to 12.
Is this something the previous user had set up?
Can the zero stop be reset to regain full use of the turret?

Loosen the set screws on the turret zero, back them up enough to pull the turret cap off the scope. If you look inside the top of the turret cap there is a small slotted offset screw that is for the double turn second rev indicator. Get a small screwdriver and make sure that the screw is turned all the way so that it's completely back on the first rev indicator. Then you can put the turret cap back on and tighten up the set screws.

Just had the same issue on my PM II and had to go to the user manual to figure it out. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Widowmaker0001
Drumming up an old post, but if the turrets are stuck on the top or bottom of the revolution, Will this fix the problem? I have a scope stuck on the top revolution.