• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt&bender?????

Surgeon_Shooter

Sure Shot Night Vision
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 2, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I just ordered a surgeon remedy in .338 lm and I'm gonna need the best scope for my money .I have a night force 5.5x22x56 on my 5-r .308 and I am very pleased on quality but I need a higher power range for the infamous mile long shot.so can any body tell me if the schmidt and bender is really that much better than NF or should I just go with the 8x32 NF?

Re: Schmidt&bender?????

My opinion is that Nightforce optical quality is fine, and that 22 power is plenty. Feel free to stimulate the economy if you wish, but I think the scope you have is fine for what you want to do.

I know some HSLD guys who are shooting .338 LMs to those distances with Nightforce 3-15X50 F1 scopes.

Depend on if you want FFP or SFP. Use the search function. Read through the optics pages. You got the money to put down on a Surgeon Rememdy, you should know enough about this to make a decision on what glass to put on it. And yes, S&B is the choice I would go with over the NF. Or a Premier 5x25 later this summer.

Thanks.I have my opinions but I'm looking for a little help deciding.I already have to get another scope because I can't strip the ol' .308's scope off.