• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt bender

So you’re saying EO is going to sell them to other dealers for the same price S&B is going to invoice EO. EO is going to process the orders and act as a free shipping hub for S&B. Hmm that’s interesting. I just don’t think you can be a distributor and a dealer and not have an advantage over a dealer only.
I would assume, logically, that EO will get a special distributor price and sell to dealers at a dealer price determined by S&B. That is of course if any existing S&B dealers decide to continue to handle the line.

So you’re saying EO is going to sell them to other dealers for the same price S&B is going to invoice EO. EO is going to process the orders and act as a free shipping hub for S&B. Hmm that’s interesting. I just don’t think you can be a distributor and a dealer and not have an advantage over a dealer only.

EO will likely have distributor pricing. So they make distributor to dealer markup on dealer sales and distributor to consumer markup on direct sales.

While it sounds like they would benefit more from direct sales, its likely less processing and work for them to deal with dealer sales.

Personally, I think it’s a very bad move by S und B. I have seen these types of movies before.

Way too many good, competitive options nowadays. Consumers will only put up with so much bullshit before moving on to another manufacturer (and, emotionally, consider the bridge burned and never go back).

I work for the US subsidiary of a German power electronics manufacturer. It’s gotten better with time, but culturally, Germans still tend to believe the world will beat a path to their door, just because of who they are. I sense that S & B is suffering from a bit of that syndrome, relative to this decision. I think they have grossly underestimated the extent of the competitive landscape.

in reality, S & B need organizations like Mile High, Doug/Camerland and all others that have helped them develop market share over the years. Unfortunately, S & B appears to be going down a path that they will have to learn the hard way, as well as never being able to repair those previous (but now irretrievably broken) relationships.

If I’m in EO’s shoes, I’m gonna jump all over that opportunity. My sales would grow handsomely, but unfortunately, there will be a lot of consumers that would not buy from EO, if only for the reason that they felt their favorite distributor got screwed. So, while EO’s sales numbers will in all likelihood go up, I predict that S & B’s numbers will never surpass what they have done with a healthy disty network and that they will probably go down over time. Further, in the long haul, EO’s future could be in jeopardy, depending on how S & B’s overall numbers do. If they don’t increase, the S & B decision maker gets sacked and EO is then vulnerable. If you’re a Cameraland or Mile High, you keep your powder dry, remain in cordial contact with S & B, wait for the fireworks, then step back in to the ring and say; “how can I help you S & B ?”

Last edited:
I agree PP, seems like there would be some advantage to being the distributor.

Also, I like your signature and agree with you!

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Dragging up this thread just to say, EO does not have a lot of S&B hunting scopes in stock and can’t back order. and a buyer can’t search around for a dealer who has the Stratos 1.5-8x42 in stock.
it sucks