• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Blunder terrible service !!!!

CSiebert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2010
Southeast missouri
Ok good friend of mine purchased a couple Surgeon rifles and decided to go ahead and put S&B optics on them. The first scope he ordered forgive me I don't keep up with S&B model numbers but it was a 5x25 power. It was supposed to be here in January well it's almost May and no scope and they have no idea when. The second was purchased for long range target and Fclass it is a 50x scope and when he got it the reticle was the sport and not the sport fine like it was supposed to be. After talking to S&B they worked out a deal to change the reticle to sport fine for 400.00. A month later they send the scope back with a reticle that was 20 degrees off. I couldn't believe they even sent the scope out like that it was terribly off. So back to S&B it goes for another reticle swap. He got the scope back today after couple more months of waiting and the first thing he noticed when he opened the box was it was missing the eyepiece cover and then a nice big scratch in the lens. The service ticket that came with the scope states when they checked the scope in there was no cover and the lens was scratched. My buddy said he is 1000% sure it had the cover on it and the scope was perfect when he shipped it, I am sure it was the damn thing was brand new.

Long story short my buddy is taking it up the ass from S&B. I'll stick with my NF's that German glass ain't that clear!!!

Re: Schmidt & Blunder terrible service !!!!

Why are you on here flaming S&B for your buddy? He can't take care of this stuff on his own?

"German glass ain't that clear"

Now I have heard everything..... wow!

Anything that starts off with..."my friend", is just a story and nothing else.

Let YOUR FRIEND tell his story!

Actually all of the German glass that I've had a chance to look through (Zeiss, Steiner,Swarovski and S&B) has been exceptionally clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually all of the German glass that I've had a chance to look through (Zeiss, Steiner,Swarovski and S&B) has been exceptionally clear. </div></div>

+1. I would place IOR in that group, if for glass only, love my IOR!

This will not end well for you. Prepare for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually all of the German glass that I've had a chance to look through (Zeiss, Steiner,Swarovski and S&B) has been exceptionally clear. </div></div>

This for me. Include MeOpta in that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will not end well for you. Prepare for it. </div></div>

Yep. OP, this will definitely not go the way you thought it would.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok good friend of mine purchased a couple Surgeon rifles and decided to go ahead and put S&B optics on them. The first scope he ordered forgive me I don't keep up with S&B model numbers but it was a 5x25 power. It was supposed to be here in January well it's almost May and no scope and they have no idea when. The second was purchased for long range target and Fclass it is a 50x scope and when he got it the reticle was the sport and not the sport fine like it was supposed to be. After talking to S&B they worked out a deal to change the reticle to sport fine for 400.00. A month later they send the scope back with a reticle that was 20 degrees off. I couldn't believe they even sent the scope out like that it was terribly off. So back to S&B it goes for another reticle swap. He got the scope back today after couple more months of waiting and the first thing he noticed when he opened the box was it was missing the eyepiece cover and then a nice big scratch in the lens. The service ticket that came with the scope states when they checked the scope in there was no cover and the lens was scratched. My buddy said he is 1000% sure it had the cover on it and the scope was perfect when he shipped it, I am sure it was the damn thing was brand new.

Long story short my buddy is taking it up the ass from S&B. I'll stick with my NF's that German glass ain't that clear!!! </div></div>

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz550</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> German glass ain't that clear!!! </div></div>
somehow, i really think you do not live on the same planet with us???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will not end well for you. Prepare for it. </div></div>

Actually it will after looking thru his 50x. I thought I actually needed one, but after seeing how he has gotten jacked around no thanks.

Hi cz550,
S&B scopes are very nice units. I am sorry your friend is having problems.
Have you tried to contact JerryR here on The Hide?
He will take care of you.
All things made by Man can and will have problems every now and then.
Please give Jerry a PM and the courtesy of trying to resolve your problem.
I know it is frustrating and your venting on behalf of your buddy but some of your statements will fall on deaf ears here, especially from S&B users that have used other scopes.
I am only trying to get your friend to someone that can help him on the 50X scope.
The 5-25's are hard scopes for dealers to keep in stock becuase they are so popular.
Thanks,
Paul

Looks like your friend should have baught Premiers. That's class right there Paul. I've never regreted my Premier, just wish I had the coin for another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz550</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will not end well for you. Prepare for it. </div></div>

Actually it will after looking thru his 50x. I thought I actually needed one, but after seeing how he has gotten jacked around no thanks. </div></div>

So far I see no proof in your claims and you are just wasting your time on the keyboard....

I thought this would've been 10 pages of flaming by now, forum has mellowed
grin.gif

Yeah that's what I do sitting at home dreaming up shit to post on the hide.

You are probably correct on the wasting time !!

I'm not sure what your motive is here. If it's your friends scope follow the advice of others and have him contact JerryR as Paul has stated. Not that your friend doesn't have a reason to be upset if your allegations are true, it's just that posts like these in open forums are never highly regarded. Let the manufacturer make it right and then post how great their service is. I'd say his experience is the exception.....not the rule when it pertains to S&B.

it could always be worse. I'd sell it here to the fanboys and get a premier with paralax knobs that fall off twas me

Have your buddy contact the service center and speak to Phil, Mark or Jerry. They will take care of the problem. Who did he order the scope through originally?

Schmidt & Bender Service Center
19980 Highland Vista Dr
Suite 190
Ashburn VA 20146

Phone: 703-953-1253
Email: [email protected]

Not taking sides here, just trying to slow this down before it gets outta hand. What I believe the OP was trying to say when he stated "German Glass ain't that clear!" is that he doesn't believe that the better german glass is worth the alleged BS his friend is experiencing, and not that the glass isn't very good.

Just my two cents,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have your buddy contact the service center and speak to Phil, Mark or Jerry. They will take care of the problem. Who did he order the scope through originally?

Schmidt & Bender Service Center
19980 Highland Vista Dr
Suite 190
Ashburn VA 20146

Phone: 703-953-1253
Email: [email protected] </div></div>

I cant speak highly enough of these guys. Not sure what the problem is with the OP, but SB customer service is 100% good to go in my book.

Why in the hell would my buddy post on the hide so you can pile on him. I can only imagine the replies he would have gotten with only a handfull of posts under his belt.

Second of all my motive was to hopefully get a phone # to someone who gives a shit at S&B. I do that kinda shit for my friends.

He has called a million times and gets the same old "we know nothing everything is taken care of in Germany reply" he has talked to Lisa and Mark quite a few times.

For those of you that posted some helpfull advice.

Thank you.

xfukyg.jpg

5cmygy.jpg

Heres a pic of the rifle just so I dont have anyone dispute its a myth also. (its the AI folder)
n4hanb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Radar86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really?!

BfNJ0.jpg
</div></div>

Yes really.

Dude you seem pretty wound up over this and it isn't even your scope. Good on ya for trying to help your friend and all but relax, you're not new around here so you should have expected some backlash to your initial post.

That being said, ignore the nonsense, take the advice that WAS given and make the call to S&B. I think Rob and Paul both gave you sound contact info. I can tell you first hand that Rob01 is good to go and if he is telling you to call certain folks at S&B it's because they are going to take care of your friends problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I am little wound up, I dont like being called a liar it fucking pisses me off. </div></div>

No it doesn't... You liar!

Just fucking with you man. Really though, who gives a fuck? You don't know any of these people here and they don't know you, so who cares? It's the internet bro. The important thing is you got the help you came here to get now onto resolving your buddies issue.

Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything that starts off with..."my friend", is just a story and nothing else.

</div></div>

Really ?

If you came here looking for a phone number then your original post does not convey that one bit. I think you getting so wound up for your friend is sweet, you two must be close.

Maybe call the people at the Virginia office and I bet you and your friend get taken care of pretty well. Or at least until they read this thread.....

Good luck.

I usually try to fix my problems by bashing companies on public forums...it makes them really want to help me.

For everyone reading I wanted to give an update. The actual owner of the scope has contacted Mark on the scope and all is being taken care of for him.

The service center in VA takes care of most all service on the scopes but as you see in the pic above of the invoice some parts do need to come from Germany.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
xfukyg.jpg

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything that starts off with..."my friend", is just a story and nothing else.

</div></div>

Trust me, he isn't lying. Its nice to sit behind a keyboard and call somebody a liar with nothing in front of you to say otherwise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything that starts off with..."my friend", is just a story and nothing else.

</div></div>

Trust me, he isn't lying. Its nice to sit behind a keyboard and call somebody a liar with nothing in front of you to say otherwise. </div></div>

Are you the alleged friend that owns the scopes?

Start a thread with an asshole title, get asshole responses...elementary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything that starts off with..."my friend", is just a story and nothing else.

</div></div>

Trust me, he isn't lying. Its nice to sit behind a keyboard and call somebody a liar with nothing in front of you to say otherwise. </div></div>

You're not getting my point...the burr up my butt, is posting a flaming post about a great optic company FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

I'd love to hear the story, straight from the horse's mouth, not your buddy's version of the horrid event!!!

Party on!

Its not an "alleged" friend and no.

ETA: As he said, the purpose for starting the thread was to get attention from somebody with a little more pull. Its not like the guy didn't try to get things set right with the company. Looks like it was successful and he'll be taken care of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything that starts off with..."my friend", is just a story and nothing else.

</div></div>

You're not getting my point...the burr up my butt, is posting a flaming post about a great optic company FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

I'd love to hear the story, straight from the horse's mouth, not your buddy's version of the horrid event!!!

Party on! </div></div>

So your point wasn't calling him a liar? Then you shouldn't have done it. You should have said:

"I'd love to hear the story, straight from the horse's mouth"

and we could have all held hands, drank Mt. Dew and ate skittles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">burr=dildo</div></div>

Awesome!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I knew it, right after I hit 'submit'.

So,

A guy spends top dollar on a scope and gets boned. His buddy posts up on the hide ..... and, gets the results he (and his buddy) needed. I don't see the problem here. You guys called him a liar and he was obviously telling the truth. The company even comfirmed it.

I think the duche bags that flamed him should man up and appologize. Or at least admit they were wrong. But, you'll notice they are all suddenly silent on the matter.

I don't know the OP or his buddy. But, I have a good friend that doesn't use this site. And, if he was getting boned after dumping top dollar for a scope, I'd probably do the same thing to help him out (if he couldn't get justice from the company by calling).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So,

A guy spends top dollar on a scope and gets boned. His buddy posts up on the hide ..... and, gets the results he (and his buddy) needed. I don't see the problem here. You guys called him a liar and he was obviously telling the truth. The company even comfirmed it.

I think the duche bags that flamed him should man up and appologize. Or at least admit they were wrong. But, you'll notice they are all suddenly silent on the matter.

I don't know the OP or his buddy. But, I have a good friend that doesn't use this site. And, if he was getting boned after dumping top dollar for a scope, I'd probably do the same thing to help him out (if he couldn't get justice from the company by calling).</div></div>

I think the concern most people have about this whole thing is the hearsay surrounding the event. We all understand that this is a concerned friend, but there's no way to actually know who they talked to or how they went about the whole thing. Sometimes the best way to get a bad response from a company is to throw your weight around and make unreasonable demands, and so we have no way of telling how these guys interacted with S&B the first go around.

Also, who's to say that the scope didn't get scratched in shipping and so when S&B got the scope it was already scratched?!? Then this guy calls and tells them that they're idiots and the S&B guys are confused because they recieved the scope in a damaged state.

The concept of "the customer is always right" is often taken advantage of by individules with ill-intent or too high of expectations. They've already shown some ignorance with the expectation of ordering a S&B and getting it sooner than 2 months. If it ain't in stock - it takes a LONG time for S&B's because thye're in demand. Why are they in demand? Because they're a good product.

Suffice to say, this is a one sided argument, and it sounds like S&B has already stepped up and remedied the situation despite the odd situation. The whole thing just sounds off and it seems like we're missing part of the story. I refuse to say that the OP is lying, but rather that it sounds suspicious and uneven. It's called being discerning.

It shouldnt take for a customer to post on a forum to get the help they should have recieved in the first place. I've seen a couple companies doit on here to save face.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UncleBenji</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So,

I don't know the OP or his buddy. But, I have a good friend that doesn't use this site. And, if he was getting boned after dumping top dollar for a scope, I'd probably do the same thing to help him out (if he couldn't get justice from the company by calling).</div></div>

I think the concern most people have about this whole thing is the hearsay surrounding the event. We all understand that this is a concerned friend, but there's no way to actually know who they talked to or how they went about the whole thing. Sometimes the best way to get a bad response from a company is to throw your weight around and make unreasonable demands, and so we have no way of telling how these guys interacted with S&B the first go around.

Also, who's to say that the scope didn't get scratched in shipping and so when S&B got the scope it was already scratched?!? Then this guy calls and tells them that they're idiots and the S&B guys are confused because they recieved the scope in a damaged state.

The concept of "the customer is always right" is often taken advantage of by individules with ill-intent or too high of expectations. They've already shown some ignorance with the expectation of ordering a S&B and getting it sooner than 2 months. If it ain't in stock - it takes a LONG time for S&B's because thye're in demand. Why are they in demand? Because they're a good product.

Suffice to say, this is a one sided argument, and it sounds like S&B has already stepped up and remedied the situation despite the odd situation. The whole thing just sounds off and it seems like we're missing part of the story. I refuse to say that the OP is lying, but rather that it sounds suspicious and uneven. It's called being discerning. </div></div>

Ignorance because you are given a time frame. If they would have said 'Sir we have no earthly idea when that scope will ship" I would understand. But that is not the case. And thats probably not all S&B's fault that would also fall on the suppliers shoulders as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UncleBenji</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So,

Suffice to say, this is a one sided argument, and it sounds like S&B has already stepped up and remedied the situation despite the odd situation. The whole thing just sounds off and it seems like we're missing part of the story. I refuse to say that the OP is lying, but rather that it sounds suspicious and uneven. It's called being discerning. </div></div>

EXACTLY!!!!

Perfectly said UncleBenji!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz550</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UncleBenji</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So,

Ignorance because you are given a time frame. If they would have said 'Sir we have no earthly idea when that scope will ship" I would understand. But that is not the case. And thats probably not all S&B's fault that would also fall on the suppliers shoulders as well.

</div></div>

No, ignorance because you took a time frame as the God-given truth when the rest of the Hide members FULLY understand and have experienced the extreme wait periods for these scopes despite whatever a supplier says. Ignorance does not mean stupid, it means that you didn't know or refused to believe common knowledge - regardless of what the supplier told you.

For you - Caveat Emptor
For everyone else - Caveat Lector

I understand the frustration on the OP's part as well as his friend. If this happens to me I'm sure some people are going to get sick of my bitching about the situation (though I honestly don't think I'll have any issues).

I just wonder how much research the OP and his friend did prior to posting this thread. I guess I'm spoiled but when I've had issues or questions about Seekins rings, Manners stocks, etc. I come here to get contact information. This process has never taken me longer than ten minutes and has always gotten me in contact with excellent people willing to help me. It should also be noted when I have an issue I always discuss it calmly and respectfully with the company regardless of my personal frustration.

All that being said it says even more about S&B and their VA office that they're stepping up and taking care of this guy. And while I have only bought one (so far. These things are expensive!), I will strongly consider them again when funds allow!