• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

School me on what Log Splitter I should buy

If I had to split multiple cords of wood every year, I'd buy a power splitter. For smaller amounts, there's just something. . . satisfying. . about splitting logs by hand. I bought a Fiskars X25 last year and it's fantastic.

AC261305-CE51-4867-B9C9-709D8FF4E662.jpeg

Reactions: Jscb1b
While driving down the road today I got to thinking, if I were looking at getting a new splitter today, would I get one with the wedge on the ram (like I have) or get one that pushes the wood into the wedge.

What do you think?

there only 2 kinds
fixed wedge and wedge on the ram
you named them both
what is it your trying to ask?

there only 2 kinds
fixed wedge and wedge on the ram
you named them both
what is it your trying to ask?

Which is better?

Sometimes mine does not get a piece of wood split due to wedge not going all the way through.

On the other hand, if you had a fixed wedge, you would be picking wood off the ground if it needed to be split again.

I think there are pros and cons to each one.

Is there a best?

I know a couple Guatemalan women that will give your Ukrainian a run for her money !

And if my Guatemalan loses , she will probably take a hammer to your Ukrainians knee caps .
So its a win win either way.

the last time any noise went on down there your Guatemalans got their asses handed to them by a boatfull of lispy Castilians. I'll bet on the Slavs.

Vote for fixed wedge.

My old splitter that had the moving wedge liked to Chuck wood right at your junk.

Line of fire, where is the energy going to go when it breaks free.

Fixed wedge it goes away from where the controls typically are.

+1 for Super Split, little pricey, but the time you save is Huge !! watch the videos on You Tube, Yes,it works that fast, any wood, I was amazed...