• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

scope and custom load question

brazor

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2014
i recently acquired an Armilite AR-10T. 20" barrel 1:10 twist. I have a couple of question as a novice distance shooter.
I'm thinking of putting a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 8.5-25x50mm (30mm) M1 on the rifle. and i'd like to to reload for it. I'm new to reloading as well. what are your suggestions for powder type and amount used. from what I've read so far is varget from 40 to 45 gr with a 168 gr. bullet. so i'm looking at Sierra MatchKing HPBT Bullets. whats your opinion on the Leupold scope? Thanks in advance.

I wish you luck finding Varget. It can be difficult to find. There are a number of other powders out there that are quite good also. You can find information on that in the reloading forum here. With a 10:1 twist I have had the best luck with a heavier bullet. Try some 175 SMK's or 178 Amax's. That info is also available on this site in abundance.