• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope base for GAP Templar action

sudnit5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
FL
Does anyone know of anyone who makes a 40 moa scope base for the GAP Templar action?

GAP said they only have a 20 and 0.

Re: Scope base for GAP Templar action

Talk to Defiance Machine - they make the Templar action for GAP & would imagine that they'll make you a 40 MOA rail for your rifle!!

I have emailed Badger (hard to get on the px) as that is who makes the 20 and 0 moa bases for GAP now.

I also have one in with Seekins (also hard to get on px) too as they have a 20 moa listed on their site and I was hoping they could make a 40.

I will give Defiance a call, thanks.

Just got an email back from Seekins, they are not taking custom orders now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know of anyone who makes a 40 moa scope base for the GAP Templar action?

GAP said they only have a 20 and 0.
</div></div>

what caliber/scope are you using where you need 40 moa?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
what caliber/scope are you using where you need 40 moa? </div></div>

It is a .308 and I have a Nightforce 8-32x56 with ZS and HS turrets. After zeroing, I only have 8 MILs of up elevation but about 10.7 in wasted down travel. <span style="font-weight: bold">If </span>I calculated correctly a 40 moa base would give me enough elevation for 1000+ and still be able to zero.

Do you have a 0 moa mount now?
If so, a 20 moa mount would be suffucient as 20 moa is 6 mils.
And 8 mils+6 is 14 and that should take you to 1000 yards.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a 0 moa mount now?
If so, a 20 moa mount would be suffucient as 20 moa is 6 mils.
And 8 mils+6 is 14 and that should take you to 1000 yards.

Håkan </div></div>

I have the 20 moa version on there now.

If you really want the 40 MOA, Defiance Machine will hook you up - talk to "Slick Jeff"!!!!

They are, I just talked to them. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you really want the 40 MOA, Defiance Machine will hook you up - talk to "Slick Jeff"!!!! </div></div>