• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Bottomed Out

UNRL Ghandi

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2011
Maryland
Got a .338 Lapua with Revic PMR scope. Trying to get it out to a mile and my ARC MBrace with 20 MOA cant sitting on a Surgeon action with 30 MOA base was only getting me to about 1400 yards before it topped out being zeroed at 100 yards. Was only using about half the scope's elevation. So I bought a Spuhr with 30 MOA built in thinking that would help get me there but I sighted it in today and I'm completely bottomed out on elevation at 100 yards now and still hitting 7.5" high. Can get to almost 2k now but would love to have it zeroed for 100 or 200. Not sure what to do now. Can't imagine the extra 10 MOA in the mount made that big a difference but it's the only thing I changed. Thoughts?

Use the reticle to gain additional elevation for long range and get something that will zero where you want

Got a .338 Lapua with Revic PMR scope. Trying to get it out to a mile and my ARC MBrace with 20 MOA cant sitting on a Surgeon action with 30 MOA base was only getting me to about 1400 yards before it topped out being zeroed at 100 yards. Was only using about half the scope's elevation. So I bought a Spuhr with 30 MOA built in thinking that would help get me there but I sighted it in today and I'm completely bottomed out on elevation at 100 yards now and still hitting 7.5" high. Can get to almost 2k now but would love to have it zeroed for 100 or 200. Not sure what to do now. Can't imagine the extra 10 MOA in the mount made that big a difference but it's the only thing I changed. Thoughts?
There is no way you had half travel with 50moa of cant then you went to being over half with the addition of 10 moa....

How much total travel does for scope have?

Reactions: diverdon