• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Scope Cover I Made

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
I've always wanted one of those muzzle/scope covers, so I made one.

erer.jpg

ddde.jpg

fffff.jpg

gggt.jpg

I made it out of some khaki cordura I had left over from a ghillie, some coyote nylon webbing and some fastex buckles.

Re: Scope Cover I Made

looks like it exploded on your floor first. End result does look good.

xdeano

Yeah, my floor is a mess, I had been making a few ghillies, and burlap remnants get everywhere.

DSCI0085.jpg

Muzzle Cover

Forgot to put this one up last night

My rifle is young, still a .22lr, so he is prone to hearing loss with long stretches of shooting without protection.

Second one looks much better but I have just a suggestion but is up to you. It would be much stronger if you box stitch the handles and strong points of the webbing. Bartack stitch is not sufficient for long term durability where on handles and buckle connections. Also if you box stitch the ends of webbing to keep from fraying it looks more clean and professional than a fold with single stitch. Just some stuff I picked up along the way.

I am sure you know what a box stitch is but for instance and this is a bad example but its the only good picture of my work you can see a box stitch.

Box stitched on the harness cross pieces as well on the 2" buckle, and on all the connecting straps that run under the molle webbing.
DSC_8195.jpg

Ill fix that. Ill hopefully be getting a new machine soon, this one is giving me issues. Next ill try my hand at a vest, then a pack, then drag bag....fun stuff

take a suggestion from a ex-parachute rigger that has had a fair amount of needle time........make a carry handle for that thing.

_Shay_ that looks horrible. Please take that off your rifle and send it to me so that I can dispose of it immediately.
smile.gif

Shay, I don't think McD's will have you for long if you keep coming up with stuff like this. Keep up the good work.

DSCI0496.jpg

There's another I made... No webbing on the sides... I find it very useless... No pics of it on a rifle yet... currently do'nt have a scope... but that's been taken care of.