• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scope for .223 Advice

Rolex24

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Kentucky
I'm upgrading my stock Savage .223 with a Manners T3, Rifle Basix trigger and some fresh optics. I currently has a Bausch & Lomb 3200 5-15X on it. If it had target turrets I'd be hard pressed to change it out. But I'd like to shoot to 5-600yds with it and need the adjustability.

Looking at a couple close out Leupolds at SWFA. The M4 2.5-8X36 and the 3.5-10X40. I've got the 4.5-14 on my .308 and really like it.

Any advice on a better fit. They'll each have a different asthetic impact but with the magnification being close and only going to 600yds don't know there will be a noticable performance difference. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Re: Scope for .223 Advice

The Vortex PST would be a great way to go. Also I have been really happy with the Leupold Mark AR.

Link to Mark AR
Leupold_Mark_AR__4b4d12239f42e.jpg

Here is some info on the Vortex PST.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RbV0aFYIWLs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RbV0aFYIWLs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks for the suggestions. I would like to handle a PST in person and who knows, with them shipping shortly I may get that chance.

Nikon has followed suit with their M-223 but i have been happy with my Mark AR
6-18x40 AO also and should have the turret set next range trip because my Mini 14 has the Target compensator ya have to tune in and i am not finished tuning it but getting close with the 55 gr round!