• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for 2K or less New not used!

Precisionbear338LM

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2019
Hey guys I’m new here to Snipers hide! Thank all for letting me post! I have had this topic on my mind the last 2 months. I’m trying to decide on a FFP rifle scope for my .338LM I don’t have a lot of money to spend around 2k! I was looking at the Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29X56mm or the Leupold Mark5Hd 5-25! I want to touch out to a mile obviously a great caliber to do it just cost some $$. If there is any other scope you guys can think of let me know for that price range! I’m trying to get a new one and not used.(never had good luck with used stuff before). Thank you!!!

contact some of the hide vendors (liberty optics or cameralandNY) and ask about the Razor gen 2. they'll get you into one for a bit less than your budget

Do yourself a favor and take a look at the new Burris XTR3 for $1800'ish. Amazing field of view, great glass and features.

Ive compared it side by side with multiple optics. The ZCO, ATACR, NX8, MK5 HD, USO, and a handful of GEN2 Razors. This is going to be a very strong competitor against any scope in the 2k price point.

Reactions: Bender
contact some of the hide vendors (liberty optics or cameralandNY) and ask about the Razor gen 2. they'll get you into one for a bit less than your budget
Thank you for the information. I love the razor HD gen 2 if it didn’t come in that bronze color. I just don’t think it looks great on a all black gun!

Reactions: Olen_4504
Hey guys I’m new here to Snipers hide! Thank all for letting me post! I have had this topic on my mind the last 2 months. I’m trying to decide on a FFP rifle scope for my .338LM I don’t have a lot of money to spend around 2k! I was looking at the Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29X56mm or the Leupold Mark5Hd 5-25! I want to touch out to a mile obviously a great caliber to do it just cost some $$. If there is any other scope you guys can think of let me know for that price range! I’m trying to get a new one and not used.(never had good luck with used stuff before). Thank you!!!

We have some good options in stock right now in that price range, give us a call at 916-670-1103 :)

Thank you for the information. I love the razor HD gen 2 if it didn’t come in that bronze color. I just don’t think it looks great on a all black gun!

Doesn't look bad on a black and brown rifle. ;) Got one on my 7mmRM.
IMG_2661.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG

Just something to consider, you might want to not be as stuck on must be new, because you could get a much nicer scope if you go used in that price range. Around the low $2k you can get some top notch used scopes that normally are going to be in the $3k range.

I have purchased 7 or 8 top end scopes used. Never had an issue. And got Alpha level glass for Beta level cash.

But if you have to have new, NF NX8 is worth looking into.

We've been pretty happy overall with the NX8 4-23x50, one of our guys put one on his hunting rig

No photo description available.

The thing you gotta realize when you step into glass in this tier is that the companies stand behind it. Vortex, nf, S&B, kahles all have great warranties. If you buy a used scope I do t thing you would have much to worry about even if something wasn’t jiving just right because they stand behind their products

Reactions: Kane0519
I’ve been researching this for months. What I have decided on is the Minox ZP5. There is a sale going on for a Mauser M18 with a 50% off code. The gun is 400 and I found someone to purchase for 300 already. With the discount the scope comes out to just over 1700. I don’t have any personal experience with this scope, however, from what I’ve read there is nothing better for under 2k.

Reactions: b6graham
First piece of advice I tell all new shooters is don't buy new glass.. used or demo gets you way more glass for your budget.

ATACR'S and S&B go for 2200 almost daily in the for sale section here.
That minox rebate is a good value as well.

[ISPOILER[/ISPOILER]
First piece of advice I tell all new shooters is don't buy new glass.. used or demo gets you way more glass for your budget.

ATACR'S and S&B go for 2200 almost daily in the for sale section here.
That minox rebate is a good value as well.
Well I’m new here so I don’t know how to get to that section! It looks like I will try and look for used glass then as that seems to be the recommendation! The only thing is how do you know you are buying it from someone who will actually ship the scope to you or how do you pay for it.???

If you’re Mil/LE/Vet, then you qualify for the big name’s discount programs and can buy new top quality at $2k. Otherwise go to the PX section and snag a used NF ATACR or S&B for $2k and bask in the glow that is a solid brand with a solid warranty and craftsmanship.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
[ISPOILER[/ISPOILER]

Well I’m new here so I don’t know how to get to that section! It looks like I will try and look for used glass then as that seems to be the recommendation! The only thing is how do you know you are buying it from someone who will actually ship the scope to you or how do you pay for it.???
reputation. paypal goods and services

you have to buy access or get 100 posts

Reactions: Precisionbear338LM
I have a Primary Arms Platinum series..... No issues.... Very clear glass. Can be had for much less than your 2k budget.

How about the Athlon Optics Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 linked above? It is FFP MIL Illuminated reticle... 56mm objective lens... Have heard good things about the Athlon Optics scopes from friends...

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
You are going to be hard pressed to find something better than the Leupold Mark 5HD for less than $2k. @koshkin did a nice video comparing a bunch of high end scopes, and he said the Mark 5HD was the best bang for the buck.

It would be our pleasure to discuss different options with you. Please give us a call, if you've got a few minutes
Doug
516-217-1000

I am making the same inquiry: I need a scope. I see that lots of people here recommend used ones, and you sell them. I can spend about $1500. I tried to send you a message, but it said it was spam.

I am making the same inquiry: I need a scope. I see that lots of people here recommend used ones, and you sell them. I can spend about $1500. I tried to send you a message, but it said it was spam.
I am in the store now for a couple of hours and I'm back tomorrow all day. Please give a call to discuss different options.
Doug

516-217-1000

Vortex gen 2 is hard to beat. I have a kahles and would have gladly spent 1000 less for a gen 2.

The luepold is a solid choice. Getting a used atacr is also a very good option that I would look into. But both are kind of heavy for a hunting rifle. The nx8 is a very solid lightweight option as well.

Whats that on the front of your barrel up top of the brake?

That is an attachment point for a front sight. The original owner had it put on when he built the rifle but I have no plans of using iron sights.