• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for 300 BLK

a220stw

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2012
Brazos Valley Texas
Looking for input on what scope to run on a remington 300 blackout. i put a 3x9 on just to shoot. shoots great but the bullet drop from 100 to 200 is crazy.
what works as for as a bdc type set up on these?
thanks for the help

Re: Scope for 300 BLK

I run an IOR 2-10x42 with the MP-8 reticle on my whisper bolt gun shooting subs. That scope has 15 mils of elevation in the reticle.
Any standard mildot scope will get you to 200 and a little past that, using the reticle for holdover with a 100 yard zero.

On my 300blk AR, I am using an Eotech, sighted in for subs at 72 yards. This allows me to hit MOP (minute of pig) from 0 to 125yds.

Minute of pig, i like that.
ok. i may switch a nightforce 3.5x15 i have on another gun to this blackout. i cant remember what recticle it has.
maybe it will work.
do you just shoot subs at pigs? how well does it perform?

I use a Nightforce 2.5-10x24 NPR2 and it works very well. 40mins of elevation in the reticle.

thanks, i got to wait till i get back home in october but i will probably pull my 3.5x15 nightforce off another rig and run it on the blackout
then head down to the border to try it on some live targets

Then there's this: http://www.impactguns.com/leupold-mark-4...0317135942.aspx

For live targets I like to use 110gr Vmax supersonic bullets. Unless I'm trying to be super quiet in an area.

As it stands now I have two different zeros, one for 220gr SMK subs and one for 110gr Vmax supers. Just dial to switch between the two and then use the reticle to hold elevation. With the subs I use it at 5 power as the value of the reticle is approximately twice as much. Subs drop a ton.

Live targets huh? Can I come?
laugh.gif

i had heard about this luepold scope, just hard for me to drop $1400 on a 5 power scope. i just bought a 8x32 nightforce for a waste of time rifle project that is about to be scrapped
i got invited to go down to a ranch down by tilden. but everybody there has alot of rules and really takes the fun out of it at this place
so how far out have you killed anything with the blackout?

Isnt it only about 6 or 7 inches at 200 with a 100 yard zero? thats bad, but still manageable for game.

240gr SMK @ 1000fps

100yds 0.0in
200yds -17.7in
300yds -36.5in
400yds -55.9in

I shoot these ^^^ out of my bolt rifle and 220gr SMKs out of my AR. This is the data I had on hand. 220gr isn't far off.

Subsonics drop a ton but they're heavy and don't blow around much. I've shot to 300yds and use the NPR2 reticle as a BDC with hold points from 25yds-300yds. I zero at the top of the reticle to get the max amount of elevation. I got 40mins, plenty to handle the drop of the .300blk.

I usually dial wind and hold elevation. Drop is very consistent. Just a matter of numbers. It carries a good amount of energy to further out.

I have the Leupold 1.5-5 mk4 with the blackout reticle. It is very close on the subsonic side (220 SMK traveling at 1040). The only difference on the scope is the illumination is on the left side and not on the eye objective like the pics show. I haven't checked it on the supersonic side, if I want supersonic I shoot a 308 suppressed.

I am running a 1.5-5 leupold with the SPR reticle. These scopes are about $600.
Works really well on full size IPSC at these ranges with subs.
I still need to spend some time shooting paper at distance and see exactly where I am hitting.
Yards MIL Hold
75 0
200 5
300 10
400 15
500 20ish, I am just holding about 4' above 15 mil hold and it hits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IronMaidenFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone ever hear of Browe? The make a 4x32 Combat Optic with a reticle that looks like an exact copy of the Leupold for the 300 Blackout. </div></div>
I have also seen those scopes, kinda pricy for a no-name optic. Looks like a knock off Acog.
Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a220stw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Badbowtie03,
when testing mine with 100 yard zero, at 200 the drop was at least 24 inches. at least. </div></div>

we might be talking about different ballistics then. Im in the middle of my build and have only been looking at supersonic stuff for hunting. here is an example:

http://www.right2bearammo.com/shop/catalog/pdf/104.pdf
http://www.right2bearammo.com/shop/catalog/pdf/49.pdf

Those are both 6" and 7" of drop if you are using a 100 yard zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a220stw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i shot some of that "right to bear" ammo
my bolt dont like to close with it.</div></div>

Do you own a Noveske like me?

I had the same problem and the owner(nice guy) informed me over the phone he had this complaint from several Noveske 300 BLK owners and sent me a refund. He said it was specific to these rifles and their tight chamber and he was working on fixing the issue.

The ammo in question shot fine out of my FIL's Daniel Defense.

To the original question, I have an Aimpoint T1 on my 300 BLK. I figure it's a 100 yards hunting proposition anyway, no need for magnification or BDC reticle. My FIL's Daniel Defense is going to wear a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x when it comes in the mail. His old eyes need magnification and it doesn't add a ton of mass to the rifle's profile.

An Elcan 1-4x DR Specter or 1.5-6x DR Specter with the 7.62 BDC is another option. It has outstanding clarity, very durable, with illuminated dot or entire reticle.
Only downside is price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a220stw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for input on what scope to run on a remington 300 blackout. i put a 3x9 on just to shoot. shoots great but the bullet drop from 100 to 200 is crazy.
what works as for as a bdc type set up on these?
thanks for the help </div></div>
...why not use the 7.62x39 cartridge, the same effect and is much cheaper?