• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for a 17HMR rifle

Need more info.Price point what are you going to use the scope for how far will you be shooting.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Take a look at the SWFA 6x or 10x SS scopes.

Last edited:
I use a couple of those little 3-10 Weaver tacticals SFP mil/mil nice and light. $200-250.

Mine is currently wearing a SWFA 3-15x42 FFP, which has become my default rimfire scope. It previously had a Vortex HS-T 4-14x, which was responsible for a number of groundhog kills around the property.

I have a Tract 22 FIRE 4-12x40 Rimfire Rifle Scope with the BDC reticle on my Kidd 22lr. Also a Tract 22 FIRE 3-9x40 Rimfire Rifle Scope with the BDC reticle on my CZ 457 Varmint MTR 22lr. Tract is not a well known company but they make really good scopes at a fair price.

877B943B-D1A9-4018-B198-4FB47BC0E738.jpeg77251E97-478C-477F-923D-D3DFD05C515F.jpeg

I have a Tract 22 FIRE 4-12x40 Rimfire Rifle Scope with the BDC reticle on my Kidd 22lr. Also a Tract 22 FIRE 3-9x40 Rimfire Rifle Scope with the BDC reticle on my CZ 457 Varmint MTR 22lr. Tract is not a well known company but they make really good scopes at a fair price.

View attachment 7287862View attachment 7287863
Not a huge fan of BDC, but curious how well their BDC works with different ammo on your KIDD? Tract punches above their weight with their Toric, but I'm assuming at the price point of the FIRE it's got to be Chinese, so curious how reliable its been and how decent the optics are.

EDIT: Just saw they are made in Philippines. Also saw it has fixed parallax at 75yds for the 4-12, how clear is the image at 50 and at 200 for instance? With the 3-9 parallax is set at 50yds so how does it look at 25 and again at say 200?

Not a huge fan of BDC, but curious how well their BDC works with different ammo on your KIDD? Tract punches above their weight with their Toric, but I'm assuming at the price point of the FIRE it's got to be Chinese, so curious how reliable its been and how decent the optics are.

EDIT: Just saw they are made in Philippines. Also saw it has fixed parallax at 75yds for the 4-12, how clear is the image at 50 and at 200 for instance? With the 3-9 parallax is set at 50yds so how does it look at 25 and again at say 200?

I haven’t been able to use the Kidd because I just got it and all the range are closed. I don’t have a lot of experience with scopes but the scope on my CZ is sharp and bright at 50 and 100 yards. I believe the glass comes from Japan. They only sell direct.

felex, take a look at the Bushnell, you'll be surprised I think.

It would be worth taking a look a the Bushnell Nitros that are on clearance right now, they seem interesting for the price. The Athlon Argos line would be worth checking out in that price range as well.

At the top of your budget a used Athlon Midas TAC.
Or Argos BTR 6-24.
I love the reticle in the Talos BTR 4-14, it's my preferred "cheap gun" or backup scope. I always seem to have one in the safe for emergencies.
Talos SFP mil/mil has been such a great scope for needing a big mildot reticle and for mounting on little rifles. It's mil/mil which is rare for this type of scope. Sub $200.

All of these focus close.

Plain old 3-9x40 hunting scope. Leupold or similar. You don’t need much scope on a 17hmr i side 200 yds

I’ve had Hawke scopes on my rimfire rifles for years. They are affordable, and their rimfire BDC reticles are dead nuts. Buy the ammo the reticle is calibrated for and go kill varmints!

I’ve got a Leupold 4.5/14x40 on my Cz Varmint 17hmr I think it’s the perfect fit