• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for a Bergara B14HMR 6.5C

Nobody245

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2022
Canada
Hello,

I have recently acquired a Bergara B14HRM in 6.5C. This is the first rifle on its kind for me. I would really appreciate some suggestions of optics for it. Budget-wise, if it’s a Leupold, I can get a financing from a hunting store, so I am relatively at my ease there. If not, then my budget is 1150USD-1900USD. I would like the optic to perform well in mid (300-700 meters) and short (0-300 meters) ranges. Since these are the distances currently available at shooting ranges in my region.

Also, I would appreciate a suggestion of a muzzle break for it. Black finish to match the color of the barrel. Budget-wise, I would like something in the 100USD-200USD price range, but, provided real quality and non-neglectable performance improvement, I am willing to spend more. I want to get every penny’s worth out of it though.

Thank you!

Area 419 brake or APA Gen 3 for 6.5CM

Scopes- Athlon ETR or Cronus Gen 2
Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25

Just tagged you in a post selling a lot of AREA 419 stuff. Good luck

Last edited:
Vortex scopes are also very solid choices, a Razor Gen2 4.5-27 with either the EBR-2C or EBR-7C reticle (I prefer the -7C) is right in your budget and has excellent glass, features, and customer support for the price. If you don’t care much about weight, I don’t think you’ll do much better in your price range. As for a brake, I agree with the choices listed. I’ll be posting an APA Little Bastard in 6.5mm soon, I can let you know before I do.

Vortex has the best scopes in the $1k area. The PST line are pretty decent scopes. I like MouthMechanic's suggestion of the Leupold Mark5HD,I hear its a good scope for the money.

You can find used Nightforce scopes here in the sub2K range. The older NXS 3-15's can be found a bit cheaper then ATACR 4-16X42 would be great at around $2K. I like NF scopes but they are a bit pricey.

PB