• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for an AR15

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
I need an optical scope for my Les Baer AR15. My eyes are getting old enough that the irons are getting fuzzy and I want the target bigger and clearer.
I know there are a lot of choices but I need to know if there are some that make a bad choice for an AR either because of eye relief or mounting height, etc.
specifically there is a Leupold Mark 4 for sale on this board. Would that work on an AR15?
If I could find one that I could afford I would love a 10x US Optics.
Most of my shooting will be just range work, and my range only goes to 200 yards. If I get a chance to go to a friend's property I will use it on pigs, varmints, etc.
I want good, clear, bright glass. I have had it with cheap crap and just barely good enough.
I don't want to throw money away, but I want good optics.

I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Jim

Re: Scope for an AR15

an ST-10 just sold last week here for $750 and the Mark 4 would be a fine choice as well.

regards,

kinnamon

I have a pair of the afore mentioned eyes you are describing. Not only are Iron's hard to see but clearly focusing on a cross hair isn't easy. I had an ACOG TA-01 that was an excellent scope but I couldn't sharply see the cross hair. I bought a Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 2.5 X 8 that has cross hair focus capability and is very clear with good adjustment clicks. Let us know what you find.............

Nightforce 1-4 or 2.5-10. Leupold MRT 1.5-5 or 2.5-8. Leupold CQT 1-3. US Optics SN4S 1-4.

Any of these would serve you well.

The Mark 4 that's for sale here has a duplex reticle instead of mildots. To me that seems good for accurate shooting, but not good if I want to estimate range. Is ranging the only plus to mildots? If so I think the duplex reticle might be good for what I have in mind.

I like magnification. Maybe younger eyes are GTG with only up to 3x or 4x, but I need more. This is 3.5-10.

What is the difference between the Leupold LR/T and their MR/T?

I would love to have a Nightforce scope. I don't think I have ever heard anyone wishing they hadn't bought one.

One thing I am also thinking about is that some scopes are physically large. That might not be an issue on a .308 bolt rifle, but would be funny looking, at least, on a 16" AR15.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is ranging the only plus to mildots? </div></div>

No they work good for hold overs/unders, and for "Kentucky Windage". The mil dots give you a reference point of where to hold, and also helps for movers and the like. Hope that helps.

I prefer a smaller, modest power scope for the AR: 40mm or less objective and 10x or less is all you need. The NF 2.5-10.24 sits on mine. You will need high or extra high rings and you will need offset rings that provide more eye relief. The Nightforce Unimount or Larue LT-104 work great.

Will Leupold change the reticle on the LR/T scopes?
I am seriously leaning to buying the scope for sale here. It has a duplex reticle. I will look around to see how much it costs to change reticles, and how much the scope sells for with the reticle already installed and compare the cost of this scope.

Is there any advantage to the TMR reticle over mildots?

Jim

unless you use the reticle extensively for ranging, you won't notice a difference with TMR. It's cool factor for most, especially since range finders are used as the primary ranging tool now.

I have a Larue mount, but it's for a 1" scope. I had planned on a Leupold Mark AR, and bought this, but I decided I just want better glass.

Jim

I want to be sure of something else. While I am not made out of money I don't want to settle for something. I would rather wait a little and spend a little more than buy something that's just good enough. I can't afford, or justify, a $1500.00 scope, but I want good, not good enough.

Are the Nightforce and U.S.Optics scopes better than the Leupold Mark 4s?

Jim

Yes they are better. Im positive most will agree. In my opinion though, I wouldnt buy an expensive scope (over 1k) if you dont need it for long range precision work and using tall turrets with great track ability. If you want something for 200 yards and under like you said then I would reccommend something like a nikon monarch or a bushnell elite series or maybe a leupold VXIII They are plenty clear, wont break the bank and will save you some money. then you can buy more ammo.

If I did get something like the Nikon, or a VXIII or Bushnell, or Super Sniper I know I would regret it. I really don't want to just settle for a scope that's just "good enough".
The mark 4 I am looking at isn't much more than the Nikon Monarch scopes, and I think I will be happy with it.
Bedides, if it's too good of a scope for my AR at medium range I will just have to buy a long range rifle and get another scope for the AR.

I am not old- yet, but at 51 I am tired of trying to go "cheap". I want quality, within reason. I would love a S&B but until my lottery numbers win- and I remember to buy a ticket, I have to show a little restraint. Plus, if I spend $2500.00 on a scope my wife would gut me like a fish. She is a surgical nurse so I really try to behave myself.

Jim

I think you'd be sadly mistaken if you think Leupold makes a nicer scope than the high end Bushnells.

Either pay for a name or get quality glass. The choice is yours. Can't have both in our price range.

If you get a scope that is 30mm or 34mm you can call LaRue and buy rings that will fit on your mount (LT104, 139 etc...) for around 30 bucks. Leupold, as others have said is mainly a name now, they are still making good scopes but the Elite series from Bushnell is much better as far as I have seen, and yes I own both. Many people flock to Leupy because their dad or uncle or someone else they know has one that is 20-30 yrs old and is "the best scope ever". What I have noticed lately is that you can pay about 100-400 bucks more for a US Optics, S&B, Zeiss, Nightforce or a few others and get twice the scope, depending on the options of each. I have never used a S&B or USO but almost everyone else on here will agree that they are far superior to Leupy. Bushnell has done very well with their Elite series and is continuing to improve on them. Vortex is starting to really get into the high end scope business, Razor HD and the new PST series. There are a lot more options out there than the old standard that Leupold set a long time ago, others have continued to evolove and adjust price accordingly, Leupy has just adjusted price accordingly and been slow to evolve.
And that is my $.02

Jim

I agree that a compact scope "fits" the AR better.

I've just got a Nightforce 2.5-10x24....first impressions are that it is a really well made piece of kit. I've yet to mount it as it is for a project that I'm in the middle of. But it was my first choice.

If you're looking for one, better hurry as they are being discontinued....although the nightforce 2.5-10x32 is only a little larger.

I looked at the Trijicon Aimpoints, but the triangle on a post doesn't seem to be good for precise shooting.

I had a Bushnell 4200 once, and it is a nice scope, but do Bushnell elites really compare to a Leupold Mark 4? I know the lower level Leupold scope's quality has slipped, but I thought the mark 4 series was still very good.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If I did get something like the Nikon, or a VXIII or Bushnell, or Super Sniper I know I would regret it. I really don't want to just settle for a scope that's just "good enough".
</div></div>

Amen!!

I do not understand the mentality of folks recommending lesser quality for AR15's and for rimfires than they do for their centerfire boltguns. The only difference is application, and most here on this forum are talking about an SPR not a CQB when they are referring to scoping AR's.

Personally I run an ST10 on my AR. The concession (if it can be called one) for the AR-specific application is that I went with a 37mm objective to be able to mount the way I want it.

I do have a SS (old style) as my backup in the stable and it fills that role very vell.
The VXIII PR target scopes are everything a M1 turreted MK4 is, they just have covers for their target turrets, but they operate the same.

You seem to be trying to talk yourself into the Leupold and wont be satisfied unless you buy it and are looking for reinforcemet. Ok, buy it.

Deal is for the purposes you stated you will use the rifle and scope for the Monarch and Elite are way better than just "good enough". Hey, it's your money though so waste it however you like.
wink.gif

I am not trying to talk mysekf into anything. In my first post I also said I am tired of just good enough. I can't go all out and get an S&B, and probably not a Nightforce or USO but I want the best I can.

My AR also isn't a Bushmaster or RRA. It's a Les Baer and is capable of better accuracy than an AR intended for CQB. My range only goes to 200 yards, but I will be trying to get to other ranges and hunting. I do not want to limit myself.

I keep asking about the Mark 4 because there is one for sale on this forum for what I think is a decent price. If I could find a USO for not much more I would jump on it. I am just getting to the point in my life where I am sick and tired of settling for second or third best.

I asked if the Bushnell Elites were the equal of the Mark4. I was not trying to play down the Bushnell. I wanted an honest opinion.
I do tend to ask a lot of questions. When I am about to spend almost as much on optics as I did on the rifle I want to be cautious and sure.
I apologize if I ruffled your feathers. I thought we were all having a friendly conversation, and I think we still are.

Thanks,
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am not trying to talk mysekf into anything. In my first post I also said I am tired of just good enough. I can't go all out and get an S&B, and probably not a Nightforce or USO but I want the best I can.

My AR also isn't a Bushmaster or RRA. It's a Les Baer and is capable of better accuracy than an AR intended for CQB. My range only goes to 200 yards, but I will be trying to get to other ranges and hunting. I do not want to limit myself.

I keep asking about the Mark 4 because there is one for sale on this forum for what I think is a decent price. If I could find a USO for not much more I would jump on it. I am just getting to the point in my life where I am sick and tired of settling for second or third best.

I asked if the Bushnell Elites were the equal of the Mark4. I was not trying to play down the Bushnell. I wanted an honest opinion.
I do tend to ask a lot of questions. When I am about to spend almost as much on optics as I did on the rifle I want to be cautious and sure.
I apologize if I ruffled your feathers. I thought we were all having a friendly conversation, and I think we still are.

Thanks,
Jim </div></div>

Friendly is why I replied at all, I don't care whether its a Les Baer or a full on custom an AR-15 shoots ammo that has an effective range of approx 450 meters depending on ammo. If you are insistent on spending big dollars for a scope that wont do anything better than the ones I mentioned at those ranges than by all means dont settle. You mentioned earlier that if you over scoped yourself you would buy a precision bolt rifle. My suggestion to you is to do that and use the AR-15 for what it was designed for.

effective range is a concern for a military operator but has nothing to do with a hobbyist. 450m is not a long shot for a well built 223.

Bushnell's limitations are the lack of elevation in most of their scopes.

If you recognize the quality of NF, SB, USO, etc but are looking at a Mk4 due to budgetary concern, just buy an old style 10X or 16X SWFA SS for $300. They will do whatever you need, hold their value, and will work. A SS10X will get you out there with a repeatable reliable scope and by the time you can afford what you really want you will really know what you need.
There is no matching adjustment/reticle benefit in a leupy in your price range so save the dough for ammo or a good scope down the road.

I think the recommendations for a NF 2.5-10X32 or an ST10 are spot on.

The NF 2.5-10x32 is pefect for the AR at least for me.

Low enough magnification for close quarters competition and hunting and high enough mag/clear enough glass for the longer shots.

And its a smaller scope so it wont look/feel ungainly

Many guys are taking the .223 out to 1,000 these days.

I currently have a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 on mine and its been adequate for what I've used if for thus far but part of me wants to have nice gear that I can use for the next 40 years on any rifle I buy and thats just not this scope.

The Mark 4 is a fine scope and will serve you well but its not a NF and you do end up paying for the name a little bit and thats why people get up in arms over them these days...lesser quality and more name recognition. 750 is a good price and for that I'm sure you could get your money back out of it if you decided to step up later.

The OP's mention of hunting has me leaning toward the 10X SS......

If no parallax adjustment is OK, and 9X top end will suffice I'd say get the 3-9 SWFA SS (almost as much mag as the NF, but lots less $$ to get you doing what you want to do.

I always like a lower power for hunting for quicker target acquisition.

450m IS a long shot for a well built AR-15 and a military operator is what the gun that the AR-15 is derived from was designed for. I have no doubt that an expert marksman with a well built AR-15 can make a 450m shot but for an average or even very good shooter its a LONGSHOT if you get my gist. If this gentleman is in love with his Les Baer and wants to jack himself off shooting an AR-15 to 450 meters I have no problem with him spending thousands on the worlds best optics to do so.
A thinking man would take my advice and use the AR-15 for the purpose for which it was designed. There are endless other better choices for 450m than that of an AR-15. Is he just interested in seeing if he can actually hit something once in a while at 400m or being effective against pigs, dogs, varmints etc.
at 250?

It makes a big difference.

what are you talking about?

High power shooters a hitting moa sized targets at 600M with open sighted AR's

And you may not realize this but all guns used today are derived, one way or the other, from military arms.

The first black powder gun, lever action rifle, bolt gun, semi-auto rifle.

All original military rifles that filtered down to sportsman and shooters.

Are long shots with an AR/.223 going to be more difficult than with a higher caliber bolt gun? Yes.

But thats part of learning to shoot well, developing skill.

A .223 is cheaper to shoot, less taxing on the body and still very deadly way past what people give it credit for.

Your mentality would have everyone here shooting 300mags, 260's, or 338's because the .308 isn't very effective and becomes increasingly hard to shoot past 800 meters.

I use mine for deer, coyote, pig, varmint hunting. 3 gun/tactical matches, home defense, target punching. They make a great all around rifle.

" Is he just interested in seeing if he can actually hit something once in a while at 400m or being effective against pigs, dogs, varmints etc. at 250?"

Yes. I want to shoot occaisionally out to 400 yards, and be effective at 250 on a small target.

You make a good argument against high dollar optics for my AR. I am going to have to rethink what I actually need versus what I might just want.

I don't jack myself off shooting my AR. That's what my Garand is for!

Jim

You have a great carbine.. I would go NF 2.5-10x32 and don't look back, plus the lit reticle is rather nice when shooting around dusk or in low light situations, hunting, etc,etc..... Great optics bring light in even easier.

If you take great care of it, you could always sell it for about the same money you pay for it....
Any good optics holds it's value quite nicely....................SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are you talking about?

High power shooters a hitting moa sized targets at 600M with open sighted AR's

And you may not realize this but all guns used today are derived, one way or the other, from military arms.

The first black powder gun, lever action rifle, bolt gun, semi-auto rifle.

All original military rifles that filtered down to sportsman and shooters.

Are long shots with an AR/.223 going to be more difficult than with a higher caliber bolt gun? Yes.

But thats part of learning to shoot well, developing skill.

A .223 is cheaper to shoot, less taxing on the body and still very deadly way past what people give it credit for.

Your mentality would have everyone here shooting 300mags, 260's, or 338's because the .308 isn't very effective and becomes increasingly hard to shoot past 800 meters.

I use mine for deer, coyote, pig, varmint hunting. 3 gun/tactical matches, home defense, target punching. They make a great all around rifle.

</div></div>

5.56x45mm NATO (.223 Rem)

Back in the early days of sniper development and use for the law enforcement community the 223 Rem was fairly popular because of the fear of over penetration from the 308 Win as well as some other concerns and considerations. But as the limitations of the cartridge itself started to become known though documented engagements and other ballistic evaluations, the 223 lost favor as a sniper round. There are still cases where the .223 is used but it tends to be more as a complementary cartridge and and secondary rifle instead of being used in place of a .308 or other cartridge. The small and fragile .223 bullets, not including FMJ bullets found in most military ammunition, generally splinter on impact allowing almost no excess penetration that could possibly hit innocents, such as hostages. But with this fragmentation and lack of penetration comes a necessity for more precise shot placement and concern for insufficient penetration, leaving almost no room for error. The .223 has a small temporary wound channel (Stretch cavity), requiring almost a direct hit on the spinal stem in order to get "lights out" on a target. The lighter .223 bullet, with its low ballistic coefficient, is very susceptible to the effects of wind and loses velocity fast, which really limits its long range potential. While it is possible to achieve acceptable accuracy at 600 meters on a calm day, it is too risky on the windy days to really consider this round for military sniping purposes. Due to the lack of penetration and lack of energy, the .223 should only be used in very rare circumstances and only on head shots. There is more then one instance when a target has been shot with a perfectly placed center mass shot, and it failed to incapacitate the target. The very heavy .223 bullets (75gr +) are becoming more popular in long range shooting, but the special barrels and rifles required to shoot these high BC bullets are not available as standard sniper rifles to everyday snipers.

On the military side, the small FMJ bullets of the 223/5.56 have had their share of problems in terms of lethality. The small bullets in a full metal jacket have shown to have a tendency to pass right through their targets without doing much damage or tendency all of their energy to the target. As such the .223 has not garnered much support as a sniping caliber. But where the .223 has been fairly popular is with the Designated Marksman or Squad Advanced Marksman. These rifles tend to be similar in the standard issue battle rifles and as such the 223 is a good choice.

Note: In order to stabilize the 69-gr. Bullets and heavier, the twist on the rifle barrel needs to be at least 1:8", if you are going with 75 - 80 gr bullets you will even need a faster rate of twist such as 1:7"

Recommendation: only use the .223 within fairly short range, 100-300 meters and only take head shots if at all possible. If the .223 is all that your unit has in the way of a sniper rifle, be sure to keep in mind the limitations of the round and choose your ammunition carefully.

If I go the Bushnell Elite route, which Elite? The 4200? Is there any advantage to the 6500 other than the reticle?
I do know that I do not want a 50mm objective. I want a variable and very good glass.

Jim

My AR has a 1 in 8" twist rate and will shoot the 75 and 77gr bullets. It has a free-floated barrel and will definately shoot better than I can.

Jim

I think the 4200 is a good choice.

Btw my AR-15 platform is a Daniel Defense M4gery with a 1 in 7 twist and if I need to kill something at 400m I'm choosing a different rifle (assuming I have that option ;))

Very nice cut and paste and thankyou for proving my point.

------------------------------------------
But where the .223 has been fairly popular is with the Designated Marksman or Squad Advanced Marksman. These rifles tend to be similar in the standard issue battle rifles and as such the 223 is a good choice.

600 Yards
370 FT LBS Energy

== To a 45Colt at the Muzzle. Better than 9mm, and nearly 45ACP.

You really need to just set a hard budget you can live with. Check out LowLights review on the new SuperSniper 3-9 FFP scope.

It'd make a great optic for that rifle and handle hunting/target shooting really well. Great adjustments, good for practicing milling and really really good glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice cut and paste and thankyou for proving my point.

------------------------------------------
But where the .223 has been fairly popular is with the Designated Marksman or Squad Advanced Marksman. These rifles tend to be similar in the standard issue battle rifles and as such the 223 is a good choice.

600 Yards
370 FT LBS Energy

== To a 45Colt at the Muzzle. Better than 9mm, and nearly 45ACP.

You really need to just set a hard budget you can live with. Check out LowLights review on the new SuperSniper 3-9 FFP scope.

It'd make a great optic for that rifle and handle hunting/target shooting really well. Great adjustments, good for practicing milling and really really good glass. </div></div>

Made your point? Now that's funny. Perhaps you missed this...

Recommendation: only use the .223 within fairly short range, 100-300 meters and only take head shots if at all possible. If the .223 is all that your unit has in the way of a sniper rifle, be sure to keep in mind the limitations of the round and choose your ammunition carefully.

And your energy comparison has no bearing whatsoever but you knew that.

Les Baer is not just another AR. Corvette vs Camaro (bushy, colt) If its a Police Special, go lower end. If its the Thunder Ranch, step it up. The TRR is a half MOA rig that deserves it. PS congrats on the LB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the 4200 is a good choice.

Btw my AR-15 platform is a Daniel Defense M4gery with a 1 in 7 twist and if I need to kill something at 400m I'm choosing a different rifle (assuming I have that option ;)) </div></div>

Oh, you only shoot your army man toy when something needs killin eh?
I take it you shoot a 1:7 twist because that's what the military uses? Damn sure isn't because you need the twist for long range bullets. You do know why a 1:7 is prevelant in military 556's right (here's a hint-it has no application stateside for civilians)?

If you cannot hit a B27 target at 500m from a prone position with your DD wannabe M4 I have zero use for your input-go preach to the mall ninjas at ArfCom (or is that where you came from?). I really doubt Pepperbelly is asking what optic he should equip his AR with because he's gpoing out tomorrow as a HSLD contracted operator, so save the deployment advice for someone deploying (and they'll most likely already know).

Pepper-the Bushnell's have a lack of elevation adjustment that will limit you (within the rounds capability). The 3-9 SS has FFP reticle and matching turret/adjustments for under $600 in a package that has some of the best CS in the business-you can't go wrong.

Explain to me what the difference is between the Super Sniper HD and the "normal" SS scopes.

Is the 3-9 any better optically than the 10x?

Jim

The 10X HD has matching turrets and adjustment (mil/mil) and "HD" glass.
The regular SS (10X, 16X) don't have the best glass in the world (but my 16X doesn't give hardly anything up to my 16X MK4), they have moa adjustment and mildot reticles and parallax adjustment, and have a LOT of elevation travel (100 moa +/-). They have a great track record for YEARS!
The new 3-9 are decent glass, fixed parallax, FFP and matched turrets/reticle.

Lots of folks like the 10X HD, but at its price, I'd rather spend a little more and get a base model ST10 (no offense SWFA).

SWFA will stand behind any of them 100%.

I forgot the 4200s do have limited adjustment.

And no, I am not deploying. If they need an out of shape 51 year old to defend this nation ya'll are all screwed more than you think.
I am a range rat, occaisional hunter, handloader and curio and relic collector. I shoot pistol competition and am competant with a rifle- but I am a much better pistol shot. I shoot NRA Bullseye pistol and falling plate matches. My pistols are tuned and setup for competition. My rifles are for fun.
I am an old ex-cop, qualified master with pistols, and will reach for one of my 1911s if someone tries to break in before my AR.

My life does not depend on my AR. It is fun, and I do plan to try some long range shooting, but it will be just for fun.
The only head shots I might ever need to make would be in case of zombies. In that case I have seen a training film showing that even a banjo will take 'em out.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The only head shots I might ever need to make would be in case of zombies. In that case I have seen a training film showing that even a banjo will take 'em out.

Jim </div></div>

laugh.gif

And yes the HD glass is better. "High Definition" Lowlight(the founder of this site) did an excellent review on the new 10XSSHD and the 3-9FFP SS

Though the glass of the original was still well above its pricepoint.

Supposed to be, but I haven't eyeballed it myself so I can't really say.
Clarity and brightness are also subjective points-I've got borderline crappy eyes, and never really had even the top end (USO, S&B, PR) make me say "holy crap, that's amazing!!!') so I'd be surprised if the SS HD did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the 4200 is a good choice.

Btw my AR-15 platform is a Daniel Defense M4gery with a 1 in 7 twist and if I need to kill something at 400m I'm choosing a different rifle (assuming I have that option ;)) </div></div>

Oh, you only shoot your army man toy when something needs killin eh?
I take it you shoot a 1:7 twist because that's what the military uses? Damn sure isn't because you need the twist for long range bullets. You do know why a 1:7 is prevelant in military 556's right (here's a hint-it has no application stateside for civilians)?

If you cannot hit a B27 target at 500m from a prone position with your DD wannabe M4 I have zero use for your input-go preach to the mall ninjas at ArfCom (or is that where you came from?). I really doubt Pepperbelly is asking what optic he should equip his AR with because he's gpoing out tomorrow as a HSLD contracted operator, so save the deployment advice for someone deploying (and they'll most likely already know).

Pepper-the Bushnell's have a lack of elevation adjustment that will limit you (within the rounds capability). The 3-9 SS has FFP reticle and matching turret/adjustments for under $600 in a package that has some of the best CS in the business-you can't go wrong. </div></div>

Actually my guns are "for killin somthing" and my M4 wannabe is fitted with an Eotech red dot which is perfectly suited for what I use it for. The one in seven twist enables me to use heavier grain bullets with stability amd therefore does mean longer range capability and accuracy. Bench shooting is not my thing I admit. Therein lies our difference of opinion. Please dont attack me with your strawman arguements because I don't give a damn about what you think of my opinions anyway. They are mine and given freely, so take from them what you like. If that is nothing that is what you paid for them.

What weight bullets are you able to shoot with 1/7?

Well, let me see...what weight bullets are you able to shoot with one in seven? I typically dont go above high 60s low 70s but I'm able to shoot into the eighties.

And in anticipation of your next question it shoots 55 grain out to 300 very accurately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, let me see...what weight bullets are you able to shoot with one in seven? I typically dont go above high 60s low 70s but I'm able to shoot into the eighties.

And in anticipation of your next question it shoots 55 grain out to 300 very accurately. </div></div>

Actually I was going to tell you that you dont know the purpose of the 1/7 twist barrel.

And what 80+gn bullets are you loading?

64gr, 1.15" long bullets with little orange tips is <span style="font-weight: bold">the</span> reason for the 1:7.

1:7.7 or 1:8 works great with anything you want to load at mag length.