• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for AR

mdstevens1370

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2010
I have a basic M4 style AR-15. I'm wanting to replace my reflex sight with a scope. I have a new place to shoot and now can shoot out to 400yds. I just want a good scope for around $200. The only competing I do is just with my buddies.

I'm looking at possibly a 10X. I know everybody is going to tell me to save up and put a SS on it, but I don't really want to spend that much. I don't foresee myself shooting enough to justify the $300-$400 range. It doesn't have to be a great scope and doesn't have to tactical and have turrets. I would like a mildot reticle though. I would just like some opinions.

Re: Scope for AR

My suggestion would be to spend a little more cash but if you want to keep the price under $200 then I'd recommend the Mueller APT 4-14x40. Price point of about $150 and you can pick up a set of rings and still be under your cap. Pretty damn good scope for the money and comes with mildot reticle and target turrets.

Mueller APT Review

Thanks guys. What about mounting in on a flat top AR? I was looking at the Millett Flat Top mounts. Anybody know about them or better ones?

I was looking for the same budget setup under $400 and after some reading and browsing I went with the SS 10X42 and Burris AR P.E.P.R Mount I wanted something inexpensive but tough on my .458 SOCOM upper. I sighted it in today shot about 30 rounds downrange and the combo worked great! I ended up paying $413 Shipped from SWFA I paid tax since I reside in Texas though. So it could have easily been under $400

IMG_04661.jpg

IMG_04651.jpg

IMG_04671.jpg

Target Distance 100 yards.
IMG_04581.jpg

-Memo

I went ahead and bought one of the 6-24x50 Vortex Crossfires that SWFA had on sale for $99. It's a little more scope than what I wanted, but I don't have to use all of the magnification.

Anybody have a 1" mount for a flat top laying around in their way?

Check out Rock River Arms "Hi Rise" mount. I have one and really like it and it is only about $49.00
myerfire