• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for Armalite AR-10

V4NT4_BLK

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2014
Bulverde, tx
hey guys,

I'm new here and would like to get yalls advice because I'm sure most of y'all have more experience in this field than i do...

okay so i recently picked up a armalite AR-10 Supersass. I've been going back and forth on which scope to buy for it. i would like something that i can reach out to around 1000 yards, but i can still pick off hogs, deer ect. up close (100 yards or so) if need be. the guy i bought it from has a brand new NF F1 3.5-15x50 that i can pick up for 2k. what are yalls suggestions. any help/information is appreciated.

thanks for yalls time,

jeremy

F1 would be a good choice. Kinda long for a 3-15x50 but worked well on my 308 AR. Killed plenty of hogs.
$2k is a good deal for new in the box, depending on reticle and whether it has high speed (10 mil per turn) knobs and zero stop. If that were the case I'd probably pick it up as long as it's coming with the factory rings that are included. You'll still need a higher set of rings to clear the rail on your Armalite but being able to sell the factory 1" height rings helps offset that. I had mine in a 1.4" Badger Ordnance Unimount and it worked great.

Only reticle I have experience with in the F1 is the MLR2.0, and I liked it alot. Not too fine to be seen down at 3.5x, not too thick at 15x for steel out at 800y.

Welcome to the Hide.

F1 would be a good choice. Kinda long for a 3-15x50 but worked well on my 308 AR. Killed plenty of hogs.
$2k is a good deal for new in the box, depending on reticle and whether it has high speed (10 mil per turn) knobs and zero stop. If that were the case I'd probably pick it up as long as it's coming with the factory rings that are included. You'll still need a higher set of rings to clear the rail on your Armalite but being able to sell the factory 1" height rings helps offset that. I had mine in a 1.4" Badger Ordnance Unimount and it worked great.

Only reticle I have experience with in the F1 is the MLR2.0, and I liked it alot. Not too fine to be seen down at 3.5x, not too thick at 15x for steel out at 800y.

Welcome to the Hide.

The guy picked pretty good equipment when he outfitted this rifle. Everything is new and never been used. Rifle included. Here's his description of the scope in the ad.

"NIB Nightforce C359 NXS 3.5-15 x50mm F1 Zerostop .1 MilRadian MLR2 tactical scope mounted on a ADM AD-RECON-20-MOA QB Mount."

Everything was already mounted to the rifle to show the whole package in the pic so I know that it will clear with no issues (or so I hope)

I have a friend who's dead set on trying to get me to get a vortex but the only one I think I would want is the vortex razor hd. But then I'm still in 2k for that.

I was just curious on what y'all thought about that set up on if I were to go that route or if y'all had any other suggestions. You think that would be fine for out to 1000 yards?

I appreciate your input I think maybe I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on the whole set up!

15 power for 1000 yards is a little on the low end IMO (but you can do it). I'd rather have a 5.5-22 or 8-32 Nightforce for out to 1000 yards, but you are stuck with a 2nd focal plane scope (not sure how important this is to you)

Bushnell elite tactical 3.5-21 or 4.5-30, Vortex Razor, Sightron SIII 6-24 FFP are all cheaper good quality FFP scopes for less than the F1.

15 power for 1000 yards is a little on the low end IMO (but you can do it). I'd rather have a 5.5-22 or 8-32 Nightforce for out to 1000 yards, but you are stuck with a 2nd focal plane scope (not sure how important this is to you)

Bushnell elite tactical 3.5-21 or 4.5-30, Vortex Razor, Sightron SIII 6-24 FFP are all cheaper good quality FFP scopes for less than the F1.

+1

If I were you I would not buy the IOR ShtrRdy has for sale. Too little elevation to dial out to 1000 most likely with the velocity you're going to see out of a 20" AR10, and finding a 35mm mount(which you will have to) with 20 MOA cant will be a pain in the ass.

I have a SWFA 5-20 on my Armalite SuperSASS. It's zeroed at 100y but I don't often shoot it that close. Plenty of elevation to get to 1000y without a canted mount. Really really nice for a $1299 scope in a $89 one-piece Armalite mount.

SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
ARMALITE 30MM SCOPE MOUNT ASSEMBLY

Under $1500 delivered, done.

ar10_zps6604e1b7.jpg

And the SWFA 5-20 is 20% off until tomorrow: SWFA - Tax Day Deals

$1039 non-illuminated

wish i would've seen this before i sent the check off because i would've jumped on that... i ended up buying the entire package from the guy. the gun, NF NXS F1 3.5-15x50, harris bipod ADM QD bipod mount and ADM QD 20MOA scope mount. i got everything for $4934 shipped which is actually a pretty good deal if you figure out the cost of everything in the package. i figured if i want more scope later down the road i got it for 2k so i can easily turn around and get my money back outta it. i will let y'all know how she does.

i appreciate everyones input and yalls help!

jeremy

wish i would've seen this before i sent the check off because i would've jumped on that... i ended up buying the entire package from the guy. the gun, NF NXS F1 3.5-15x50, harris bipod ADM QD bipod mount and ADM QD 20MOA scope mount. i got everything for $4934 shipped which is actually a pretty good deal if you figure out the cost of everything in the package. i figured if i want more scope later down the road i got it for 2k so i can easily turn around and get my money back outta it. i will let y'all know how she does.

i appreciate everyones input and yalls help!

jeremy

You did very well I think. 3,5 - 15 is a great magnification range /compromise for hunting and target shooting.

I mounted a Kahles 3-12x50 K312 II with a Mildot reticle on my AR10 style rifle. And I intend to take it up to 1000m. Whenever I have the opportunity again, here in Germany there are NO 1000m ranges available for civilians :eek:((
Maybe next year in Poland.....

You did very well I think. 3,5 - 15 is a great magnification range /compromise for hunting and target shooting.

I mounted a Kahles 3-12x50 K312 II with a Mildot reticle on my AR10 style rifle. And I intend to take it up to 1000m. Whenever I have the opportunity again, here in Germany there are NO 1000m ranges available for civilians :eek:((
Maybe next year in Poland.....

Thank you, I hope so! I plan to use this rifle for various things as I do with most of my guns. from long range target shooting to hunting. I know a lot of people talk about price but I don't mind spending the extra dollar for quality products (not saying vortex or anything else isn't quality, just saying)

There's not a lot of places here in Texas to shoot that far either unless you have a membership somewhere or you own a lot of land. I have some friends with quite a bit of land here in south texas so I will be able to go there for most of my long range target shooting. I will keep y'all posted I should have everything here pretty soon!