• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for desert shooting

Doc M

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2023
United States
Hey gents,
I’m budgeting out my 6.5cm gas gun and am looking at optics. I’m planning to push out to 1000 yards at a range and later push out to 1200 and maybe farther out in the desert. I’m young and have good eyes but I know heat makes things pretty soupy so I’d love to hear what recommendations y’all would have. I’d say my budget is about $2000 max and Ive read about people talking about the mark 5HD 5-25, Burris xtr III and the nx8 4-32 but I’m sure there’s more options out there.

Looking for
~2lbs (rip vortex razor)
100 moa elevation adjustment
20x max magnification or more
Ffp
~$2000

Appreciate the help

Hey gents,
I’m budgeting out my 6.5cm gas gun and am looking at optics. I’m planning to push out to 1000 yards at a range and later push out to 1200 and maybe farther out in the desert. I’m young and have good eyes but I know heat makes things pretty soupy so I’d love to hear what recommendations y’all would have. I’d say my budget is about $2000 max and Ive read about people talking about the mark 5HD 5-25, Burris xtr III and the nx8 4-32 but I’m sure there’s more options out there.

Looking for
~2lbs (rip vortex razor)
100 moa elevation adjustment
20x max magnification or more
Ffp
~$2000

Appreciate the help

All three of those options will work well for you and I can go into more detail of the pros and cons if you have time to call me at 916-628-3490 - Richard@CST

If money was no consideration, I'd probably be looking at a Swaro Z3 3-9x36. For a little less money, the Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x36 is a proven performer.

Personally, I've been happy with less expensive scopes, settling on the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 for the past few years. It's only 1 oz. heavier than either of those scopes above, and so far has done all I've asked of it. Maybe someday I'll have one of those Swaros, but I don't think it will make me a better hunter.