• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for RPR in 6.5 (Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50, Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA, or ???)

jmclean

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2017
I'm fairly new to long range shooting and am still working up to 1000 yards (unfortunately not many ranges near me go out that far). I picked up a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 creedmore about 2 months ago and currently own two scopes that aren't bad, but I'm not sure if I should go with one of them for now or see if I can sell or trade for something that would work better?

Currently have:
Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I'm in Tallahassee, FL and haven't found many people locally into long range shooting so if there are any good resources to help me learn please let me know. I've been shooting out to about 300 or 400 yards since I was a kid in the Boy Scouts, and am really enjoying going (well) beyond that.

Which exact model of Viper: HS, HS-T, or PS-T?

The Zeiss would not be my choice. For that money, a Gen II Viper PST would better fit the needs of precision shooting as opposed to hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably post the Zeiss HD5 in the sale/trade section and see if I can get a Gen 2 PST - or something else well suited for precision work.

Ha, my phone spell corrected me. Figured I'd mention the caliber since people often ask.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk