• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for Trainer

Re: Scope for Trainer

I have used the 4-16, and for .22 16 came in handy for spotting shots on paper. Not needed if shooting shoot-n-see targets, but extra mag helps find them tiny holes. Not a bad scope for the $$ and seemed very repeatable and held zero well. I will be going back to the Centerpoint on my trainer when I send my Falcon in for warranty work.

I had a Centerpoint on my Savage .22 WMR and it was pretty good. I'd look into a Bushnell Banner too. That's the first scope I had on my Marlin. They are great for the price.

The only thing I don't like about the banners is the lack of mildot in lower magnification models.

Anyone know how much elevation adjustment the 3-9 has?

Elevation for the 4-16?

Thanks
Shay

I'm trying to keep it below $100... 50 would be nice... I'd like to find a fixed 4x or something with mil dot... turrets would be nice too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to keep it below $100... 50 would be nice... I'd like to find a fixed 4x or something with mil dot... turrets would be nice too... </div></div>

Truglo 4x

if you go with the centerpoint, you might as well go to walmart and get it to save shipping.

the truglo is a fixed 4, and for 10.00 less do you want to give up the extra magnification, adj objective, illuminated mildot reticle, adj eyebell? the 4-16 comes with flip up lens covers too (although cheap, are still functional) and rings (i would go with better rings, the factory ones seem to loosen up and are a bit too high for my stuff). even if you don't use the extras, they are still there in case you change your mind.

so far i have 2 of them, turrets are repeatable, really the clearest and brightest low dollar scope of come across.

the one is on my smallbore silhouette rifle (always cranking turrets), the other is on my .22 mag used in snow, ice, rain, heat, humidity, dust, etc for four years and many hunts, and 3 paint jobs.

either hasn't had a hiccup and is probably the best value / quality for the money. lifetime warranty and an additional sunshade available for it through the manufacturer.

for under 100.00, the centerpoint 4-16 is better (at least to me) than most scopes i've some across for even the 250.00 range including barska, tasco, simmons, the lower shelf bushnells, and definately the bsa's.

unless you ar looking for a shorter bodied 4x, the centerpoint 4-16 is the shit.

I put a CP 4X16 on my TR when I first got it. Since then I switched it out to a Tasco 6X24 T&V milldot and have been very happy. I like being able to see my hits @ 100. As soon as i get my move done with I'm gonna take it to 200 and see how it does.

Lookee here. I have used four of them since early 2006. 75MOA of elevation, focuses down to 15yd, resettable covered 1/4MOA target knobs.

I guess it's a tossup between the tasco and c.p...

Get the CenterPoint you won't be disappointed! I have got one on my MKII with a 20moa base and have no trouble with clarity, repeatability, and function of this scope to at least 200 yds. My 2 cents... If Wally World doesn't have it they can transfer it in no extra cost, just time. Good luck with your choices.

Wallyworld Site-to-Store saves $$$ on shipping, and they will match prices. Print out that link I posted.

I'll throw a +1 in there for the Centerpoint I've had one on my MKII for a couple years now. Works just like it did at day 1.

If I ever got another rimfire I'd check out the Tasco thats been mentioned, also alot of guys in the rimfirecentral.com crowd say the Mueller APV is a great trainer optic as well.

I've got a Leapers 4-16x50mm (the same as the centerpoint) and it works great on my .22LR

The extended mildot reticle is wonderful for long range shooting.

For the money i think is one of the best choices.

I don't trust so much on the targe turrets, but many people use it very much to compensate bullet drop and have no issues.

Greetings from Argentina
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd go with a USO ST-10...perfect for the .22 platform. </div></div>
+1 I like to practice with the same reticle as my CF. Its the only way, until I get a 1.8-10 for it....

shay, why not another mueller tactical? or the vortex for $99? if you do get a tasco, look at the ones with the exposed target knobs. i bought one like greg posted. i was happy overall. but after i took the covers off. the smallish target knob for elevation was not level. when i turned it, the knob would contact the part of the scope where the numbers were printed and actually rubbed them off. i sent it back. i would try another, but i would lean towards the ones with exposed target knobs. you could splurge and get a bushnell 3200 elite. its $200 but looks like a nice scope. plus its mil/mil. im thinking about one for the tacicool 10/22

I'm in the same boat for my 10/22 trying to decided between the ceterpoint or the vortex crossfire.

+1 for $99 vortex or $39 BSA sweet .22

SWFA has great deals on both, remember to check the sample list too!