• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope help for 6.8

Re: Scope help for 6.8

me and my buddy use burris P.E.P.R. one piece. workes just fine. and it has a picatinny on top of rings to add a mini red dot if you wanted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman Jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crap, you did mention the 2-7 earlier. Sorry bout that.

I actually just got back from the deer lease this afternoon. I tried to call in a coyote yesterday but ended up dropping a pretty large boar at about 250 yards with my .25-06. This morning I finally got a nice 8-point that scored 139. I think it's impossible to not have a good time while hunting, even if you don't get anything. Where's y'alls lease at?</div></div>

not much I would rather be doing than being out hunting
our lease is just south of Seguin
7K acres of great hunting, stock tanks for bass fishing
lots of pigs and some nice deer

a pic of my buck I got with my 280 Ackley
2011buck.jpg

two little piggies I got the same weekend, lined them up and drilled them behind the ear, 2 down, 1 140g Accubond

2-pigs-with-280ai.jpg

from this past week:
a pic of my 7 year old with my 6.8 ready to wack something
david_still_hunting_picture.jpg

my 14 year old got 2 with his old Sako 243, 80g Barnes TTSX and Accupoint scope

sean2deer.jpg

Nice pics, ccoker. We have 5k acres near Nixon so it's not too far away from y'alls property. What's the difference between the Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 and the regular VX-R 3-9x40?

cool
we should get together sometime

the Patrol has exposed .1 Mrad turrets, the standard has capped 1/4 MOA

the Patrol has a TMR reticle with mil based hash marks, the standard doesn't, standard duplex, #4 or a ballistic plex

Alright thanks ccoker.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I found a very good deal on an Accupoint 3-9x from a guy here on the Hide so I'm going to go ahead and buy that from him. If the deal doesn't work out for whatever reason I'm probably going to go with the Leupold standard VX-R 3-9x40. Once again, thanks for all the input everyone! It really helped out a lot!

Haha I'm looking forward to it. It has a duplex reticle w/ a green dot, not a mil-dot reticle but you can't beat the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman Jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha if only Santa were that nice...

About the magnification, the way I see it, the farthest I'm gonna be shooting with the 6.8 is 200 yards. 4x is fine for 200 and if there is a shot past 200, then I almost always have my bolt action .25-06 handy so I'll just use that. I'm really liking the Pig Plex reticle on the Leupy VX-R 1.25-4x especially with the hash marks for use on running bacon, just as long as they actually work. You can't beat the price either! </div></div>
Well it wasn't Santa but more like the Tequila that made me do it but I got a Swaro Z6i 1x6 form SWFA.
I had the Trijicon 1x4 on the rifle but for some rason the Z6i was calling me.
I just sighted it in and I am impressed.
temporary-2.jpg

HogSwaro1.jpg

HogSwaro2.jpg