• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Hight Problems

MaineMan308

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
Oklahoma
I have a Millet LRS mounted on my M700 with the scope rings that came with the scope. The scope sits really high up and can be troublesome to get your eye lined up. Would you suggest buying lower scope rings like Seekins 35mm or just go with a kydex cheek rest. I was thinking of going with both but dont really know if thats nessasary. Any feedback would greatly help.

Re: Scope Hight Problems

I'd suggest using tape/cardboard/etc to build a cheek piece that gets you high enough for the correct sigh picture, then measure it's thickness.

That way you can see if you can lower the scope enough through lower rings without the objective hitting the barrel.

That should help you determine if you need both or just lower rings.....

just my $.02........

You definaletly need lower rings, but what chpprguy suggested will let you know if you can get away with just rings, or rings and raising the cheekpiece.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Just tip, you won't be needing 35mm rings unless you have a scope with a 35mm diameter tube (which the Millett isn't).</span>

The Millet LRS Illuminated 6-25x56 has a 35mm main tube. At least thats what they advertise it as. The website and owners manual states they are 35mm rings. Is this wrong?

Get lower rings. The Seekins 35mm will work fine

Yah I think i'll go with the Seekins rings. I'm going to check the stats to make sure the scope objective will clear the barrel. I think it will but just want to make sure.

chpprguy: I'll deff try what you suggested to see the hight that I would need to get.

Thanks for the help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Camoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Millet LRS Illuminated 6-25x56 has a 35mm main tube. At least thats what they advertise it as. The website and owners manual states they are 35mm rings. Is this wrong? </div></div>

No, I was wrong. I wasn't aware the LRS was 35mm. Seekins 35mm will do the trick. I think the optics FAQ has references on calc'ing how high of rings you'd need for the objective to clear the barrel.

Hello guys

I am the Millett guy.

I designed the LRS and since most shooters do not have 35mm rings I supplied the rings with the scope. They are what would be considered Med. height rings. For most rifles they will work well.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Millet Guy,

could you tell me how to register my scope? The online registration is not working. Also is there a diffrent manual for the LRS illuminated than the standard LRS? Because my scope did not come with a book or registation card. Hope u can help.

hey millett man, same for me. i didnt know about registration. i have me receipt and box still, but i never saw anything about registration. i like the scope, its a TRS-2. i wish there was a non illuminated variable power in this model. the focus is a little hard to turn, but overall i really like it. had i waited a bit longer i may have taken the LRS instead.

camoman, you know where to find the cheek rest?

if you mount them on a remington 700 with a full base the scope is amazingly high
if you use very thin 2 piece mounts the scope is a little high

either way I have the same setup and have to buy new rings
and millett/bushnell only has that one set all they told me when I called is good luck there very expensive

I went with the Kydex adjustable cheek rest first and it works really well. If you dont mind having the scope up that high the cheek rest will work just fine. But if you just cant stand it sitting that high then lower rings would be your best choice. I'm looking into Seekings rings but they have not emailed me back.