• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope indecision seeking some insight

poznan85

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2021
earth
Hello from the great white north.

I have a cz 457 mtr in 22lr which i love.
Max range im shooting locally in 200 yards.

Currently have a athlon argos btr gen2 6-24x50. But id like to upgrade. My options with Canadian prices are:

-Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50 non illuminated - $550 shipped
-Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 FFP MRAD (comes with burris xtr rings) - $1000 shipped
-Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP w/EBR-2C MRAD Reticle - $1300 shipped

or go big with a used Vortex Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 - $1875 shipped

So my question is, is it worth upgrading to those?
thanks

my personal pick would be the sightron s 3 10x50x60 cause getting all up in there and seeing every shot like it was a foot away even out to 300 yards is so much nicer than not seeing it and wondering every shot is that a good shot or a bad shot if you ever get the chance to go further and shoot you won't need to buy a separate spotting scope .

i believe the Arken EP5 is being overlooked for half the price of a couple you listed. ALOT of scope for the price...

Hello from the great white north.

I have a cz 457 mtr in 22lr which i love.
Max range im shooting locally in 200 yards.

Currently have a athlon argos btr gen2 6-24x50. But id like to upgrade. My options with Canadian prices are:

-Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50 non illuminated - $550 shipped
-Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 FFP MRAD (comes with burris xtr rings) - $1000 shipped
-Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP w/EBR-2C MRAD Reticle - $1300 shipped

or go big with a used Vortex Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 - $1875 shipped

So my question is, is it worth upgrading to those?
thanks
I run the Viper PSTII, and stole it in an ebay auction new in the box for $550, and I also have a Venom 5-25x56 also from an auction for $350. DO NOT BUY THE STRIKE EAGLE for some reason they consistenscy due to poor quaity control means some are great and others suck, and have to be returned. The Big F2 Razor is awsome, although i'd go for the larger magnification. The best reason to go Vortex though is a lifetime warranty that even covers you damaging it. I dropped my Viper on the cement driveway and broke two turrets, call them up to as how much and a they said free of charge.. And i told them I broke it, and he said doesn't matter, and if you want run over it with the car, smash it on the wall or whatever and its still covered. The sent me a Fedex lable, repaired it one day and overnighted it back all at their expense. so how can you beat that.

Bushnell I know nothing about but will never get the fact that they selll $40 scopes at walmart and the stigma just ruins it for me. My nephew has the Athalon, and thats a nice scope as well.

unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (11).jpg
IMG_0972-1.jpg
IMG_0976.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg

looks like Arken EP5s are selling for $950 shipped here in Canada
Is that with the combo pack in with it? If so get it. Even is not you should add it and it will be about the same price as the SE and give you more for your money. @FuhQ has compared the EP5 to the SE and says the EP5 is a better scope and on par with the PST Gen II.

I wouldn't go any higher as far as price for your use.

Is that with the combo pack in with it? If so get it. Even is not you should add it and it will be about the same price as the SE and give you more for your money. @FuhQ has compared the EP5 to the SE and says the EP5 is a better scope and on par with the PST Gen II.

I wouldn't go any higher as far as price for your use.
I wouldn’t pay $1,000 (USD) for the EP5, but I also wouldn’t pay $1,000 a PST Gen2…. So take that for what it’s worth. 😂

Realistically, I think they should both be priced around $750 USD. Just my thoughts. 🤷🏼

I wouldn’t pay $1,000 (USD) for the EP5, but I also wouldn’t pay $1,000 a PST Gen2…. So take that for what it’s worth. 😂

Realistically, I think they should both be priced around $750 USD. Just my thoughts. 🤷🏼
He's talking Canadian dollars. Not $1000 US. He's going to have to pay what they cost up there so just get the best for the money.

He's talking Canadian dollars. Not $1000 US. He's going to have to pay what they cost up there so just get the best for the money.
To put it bluntly, we get fucked in Canada as far as optic prices go. For example, in the US, Razor gen II prices almost make it a no brainer in a reasonable budget range. Up here in Canada, we pay $3599.00 CAD, or the equivalent of ~$2675 USD with the current exchange rates, and good luck finding any deals on new ones like ya'll get down south.

• Wow
Reactions: FuhQ