• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Scope issue

Jeffbig

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2022
Oakland
I have a Bushnell scope on my black powder gun. When I look through it it is blurry just like if I am trying to read something. If I put on my reading glasses it is perfectly clear. Is the scope scrap?

ETA: Now that I think about it I guess I'm assuming you're talking about the reticle being blurry. Do you mean the reticle is blurry or is the reticle sharp and everything else blurry? Also, specifically what Bushnell scope is it and does it have adjustable parallax?

Based on that short description, it sounds like you need to adjust your diopter/ocular to focus the reticle. If it's not blurry when you're wearing your reading glasses but it is when you're not wearing them, this appears to point to an issue outside of the optic (e.g. your eyeball). The diopter/ocular focus adjusts the distance between the ocular lenses and reticle to make the reticle sharp when you look through the optic. It's similar to how the eye doctor messes with that big contraption to come up with your prescription.