• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Level

sentry1

Crayon Eater
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2012
Madison, Alabama
It seems like a scope level is the way to go when working on your long range game, so... thoughts?

I was looking at getting one of these offset scope levels from Brownells:

Sinclair Offset Scope Level

p_100008566_2.jpg

Re: Scope Level

I have an Accuracy First level. It is my first and I really like it. It is machined for 34mm but they have a lot of reducers to fit any scope so you are not stuck if you switch scopes.

Linky

Newbie question but how do you know your level is perfectly level with you cross hairs or how do you achieve this? I would think maybe a gun smith?

I used a plumb bob (used pike string) at 50yds on a calm day. I looked through the scope and held it level while a buddy moved and tightened it. I also checked it with a laser plumb bob I use at work and it was on.

I am sure that there are other ways but that's how I did it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CohenJ87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Newbie question but how do you know your level is perfectly level with you cross hairs or how do you achieve this? I would think maybe a gun smith? </div></div>

Check out the Holland as well.It is very narrow so there's no chance of a clearance issue between your score body and rail.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/846101/hollands-signature-series-anti-cant-device-30mm-matte