• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Level

jferguso

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2014
I would like to purchase a 30 mm scope level for my Nightforce. I regularly shoot out to 850 yards and may be shooting farther at some point. I've tried to do some research but some products don't even have reviews. Can you guys give me your opinions of what you consider the best level to mount to the rail or scope to help eliminate cant? I am willing to spend in the neighborhood of $100 if need be. I would also prefer it be offset or able to be flipped out for viewing without coming off scope. If I would be better off posting this in another place, please let me know. Thanks.

I like the accuracy first. I bought into the ether about the ceramic bubble and the 30mm is purchased as a 34mm with a spacer. I found this to be nice when I moved it from my Vortex to my Bushnell and did not have to purchase another one.

I would like to purchase a 30 mm scope level for my Nightforce. I regularly shoot out to 850 yards and may be shooting farther at some point. I've tried to do some research but some products don't even have reviews. Can you guys give me your opinions of what you consider the best level to mount to the rail or scope to help eliminate cant? I am willing to spend in the neighborhood of $100 if need be. I would also prefer it be offset or able to be flipped out for viewing without coming off scope. If I would be better off posting this in another place, please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I have a Vortex and Flatline scout on order. My buddy also has a USO fixed rail mounted. We're shooting out to 850 on Monday, so we'll see how they compare. The Flatline Patriot with micro adjustments looked cool but another $30? I'll keep ya'll updated.

Ball levels are more sensitive than bubble levels, Accuracy 1st.

Can the Accuracy 1st level be mounted on the left and right side of the scope? Or is it just limited to being mounted on the left side for a right handed shooter?

The Accuracy 1st is right hand only. We tried the Vortex, Flatline, and USO. We decided on the USO for ease of mounting to rail, ease of use, included cap, and streamlined design. It also does not have a bright colored level on top of the scope that could become a concealment issue for those of us that operate on a two way range. The flatline would be second. It is simplistic and does what it's supposed to do. It is a plus that it can be mounted without taking the scope off. The Vortex requires removal of the scope in our application, so it's a non-starter. It is also twice the weight of the Flatline. I honestly don't think any scope level should be more than what the "cheap" Vortex goes for, because they are simply thin aluminum mounts with a $.99 bubble level held in by a snap ring. However, for commercial scope levels, USO is the way to go.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the USO one for my next level. I like that it mounts on the rail. Kind of pricey though. My Vortex came with my Gen I razor however I don't think the gen II that I've got ordered includes a level. The Vortex one works fine though for $35.

I have a Holland scope level and it is nice, the only complaint is that the screws go in upside down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Holland scope level and it is nice, the only complaint is that the screws go in upside down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree on the screws. He should have placed them topside.

I agree on the screws. He should have placed them topside.

Hollands work great for me. They are around $60 from Euro Optics.
The bottom-side screws are a 5 minute inconvenience on a great level.

If you're shooting in terrain that's even remotely close to something that could be misconstrued as being similar to a flat piece of land, your eye can do a better job than a level that probably is lying to you.

Just about every rail mounted rifle level Ive compared to a calibrated level has been far off enough that I wouldn't want to use it.

Learn to look through an optic with both eyes open, superimpose a vertical reticle line in your un magnified vision & have one less thing on the rifle.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-rifle-scopes/152563-levels-n-stuff.html

Last edited: