• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Level

Scope Level

• Total voters

jferguso

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2014
What type of scope level do you prefer? If you own or have tried multiple units, why do you prefer the one you do? If you select other, please post what you use. Thanks!

Last edited:
+1 for other. Don't use one. If Flatline Ops 34mm articulating level was about half the cost, I'd probably own one though. ;)

I have the USO fixed one and I like it. It is small and out of the way. You mount it to the rail instead of the scope itself. Its small enough that it will sit below the scope and not stick out in front of the knobs. You can also mount and take it off with out having to take the scope rings off.

Of those the accuracy first. I don't like levels positioned where they are though, you have to break your focus of the scope sight picture though. My preference is where the USO is but the fixed model sticks out too much and jabs me when slung and the folding model develops play and gets off. My vote is a spuhr mount for that reason. Perfect placement where it's in your direct sight with weak eye and it's out of the way. Plus it's a hell of a mount.

I use my Spuhr now but I have used both accuracy 1st and flatline. I like the accuracy 1st just based on the size compared to the flatline but they are both nice.

I have two B-Square levels and a Holland's level. The B-Square levels don't protrude out any farther then the parallax knob so getting jabbed in the back isn't much of an issue. I haven't used the Holland's level a bunch but it is certainly a quality piece and would have no reservations about getting another one.

I would use Spuhr mounts but they don't make one to fit USO scopes.

Use the fixed USO levels right now, but only because that is the location where I want the level to be. Will likely replace them with scope mounted levels when I find one that can be mounted upside down in the same location.

Use the fixed USO levels right now, but only because that is the location where I want the level to be. Will likely replace them with scope mounted levels when I find one that can be mounted upside down in the same location.

You might look at the one that David Tubb has it can be mounted upside down.