• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope leveling wedge

jb41291

Bobby
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2017
Colorado springs, CO
Anyone use any such a the rrs and arisaka wedges. Particularly on the vortex gen 2 4.5-27x56mm. I heard there was some trouble eith the turrets getting in the way specifically on the spuhr wedge making it almost useless. Any experience or ways to make the systems useful for the razor gen 2?

Can't speak to the Razor, but had the same issue on my Spuhr w/DMR2 - the illumination portion of the turret hangs down below the bottom flat on the scope. There's just enough room to fiddle it in, but it also depends on the mount and how far forward. I think I used the Arisaka as the Spuhr slot was too far rearward and made the problem worse.

When I got it mounted up using the wedge the first time, it was still too far rearward for proper eye relief, so I resorted to some stacked and cut lengthwise business cards. Could also use feeler gauges if need be.

I have the Arisaka and while it takes a little finagling to work around the turrets sometimes, I've always gotten it to work. Very handy little device, assuming your reticle is level.

Reactions: Jeffd
Yep they can be a little difficult to manoeuvre with large turrets that protrude past the bottom of the scope.

Also found that they are not small enough for some clearance if its really low to the base too.

My ATACR 5-25 with Seekins low rings was too low for the Arisaka tool, had to resort to feeler gauges. I still very much like the Arisaka tool, it works great when you have the clearance. Just wish they made a "mini" version of it.

i'm gonna throw the spuhr wedge on the mill next weekend and make clearance for my vortex. Or machine a completely new one in Ti if we're bored

I'm sure a dremel would work just dandy too

I have a g2 razor in a spuhr mount and I'm not seeing the issue people have. The texture/grip on the windage and parrallax protrude below the bottom of the scope but not the body of the knobs themselves. Turn them as needed and the knife edge on the Spuhr wedge fits flat on the bottom of the turret housing just fine.

As others have said, there was not enough room between the base of my G2 Razor and the top of the rail to use my Arisaka. I use the Wheeler Pro Reticle Level system w/feeler guages. The Arisaka is a great tool though.