• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

scope mount headaches.... need advice.

Pyrex

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
USA
I've recently decided to up my magnification from a leupold 3.5-19x40 1" to a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 30mm. Because of this I need a new scope mount. Now, previously I had been using leupold PRW rings. I want a single mount now like a Larue since I had questionable experience with last rings. I wanto make SURE if I bump the gun in my jeep on the lease it doesn't lose zero. I don't quite understand the different throws the Larue mounts have, and what I should be looking for. It's mounting to a sabre 24" super bench barrel a3 upper in .223. With the outrageous internal adjustment of the pst I don't think I need a canted base for 1000 yards..? What would be the best choice for me? I had been looking at Larue and gg&g.

Re: scope mount headaches.... need advice.

If you have the money for it Sphur makes just what you need and you can get thier rings mount combo from "Tactical Night Vision Company" out of California or just get mounts with m.o.a. built in along with Badger Ordnance rings.

I think this is just what you're looking for:

PICT0145.JPG

See link in sig.

The 6-24 PST does not have all that much travel (19 Mils/65 MOA) so you'd be right on the edge without a 20 MOA mount. What bullet will you be shooting?

I load a 75gr bthp w/ imr4895, 2900fps mv

That is one beefy mount. The price vs. my Texas allegiance makes me want to know the best Larue options.

I am using an LT-104. Unless you specifically need a longer set-back just use the standard.
I have a Vortex Viper PA 6.5-20x44 on a DPMA SASS. The mount is solid. I haven't banged mine around- yet, but the mount is supposed to be capable of returning to zero after being removed and remounted.
I have never heard a complaint about a Larue mount.

Jim

Jon A . Off the subject but what make of handrail is that in your pic of the Ar ?

I use a Warne Tacical mount for my LR-308

I've tried a bunch of them and won't use anything but LaRue now. Buy once, cry once. And you can get different rings from LaRue for 1 inch, 30mm and 34mm scopes so you won't have to change the mount if you change scopes.

The LT104 is now available with the VFZ mounting system (non quick detach) for $145. You can't go wrong. And if you try the LT104 and it doesn't work for your setup, LaRue will work with you to get the right mount. 99.9% of the time the LT104 is the right mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCCCanuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a Troy TRX Rail:

Troy TRX </div></div>
Yup.