• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mount, on Amazon, for precision trainer

UCChris

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2014
Utah, USA
I snagged a SWFA 3-15 during the Black Friday sale, now I'm looking for mounts. I need 30mm to Weaver/Picatinny. I have a $50 Amazon gift card to use, so I'd like to find something on Amazon for around $100, but I'd be willing to stretch to $150.

My "precision trainer" is a high end airgun, so I don't need any MOA built into the mount/rings. This rifle will see some woods/hunting time, but will be a bench gun 95% of the time. Even in the field, it's gonna be babied. It's not the "chuck it in the backseat of the truck" gun. I guess I'm trying to say that it doesn't have to be an overbuilt mount.

Is it wrong to use a single piece, "cantilever-style" mount on a precision rifle? I saw the Warne skeletonized mount for ~$90. Is it any good?

Sorry for the noob question, hopefully I have been able to ask my question in a somewhat intelligent way. Thank you guys for any and all help.

Link to Warne mount: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TZHU93...2TSG40HKKUY2I&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

I haven’t used the mount in the link, but all my warne products have been fine.
If you like it, go for it

I have several of the Warne x-skel mounts on ARs, including on my primary 3-gun rifle. They are excellent mounts. That said, the ring height is 1.435", which is meant for an MSR. It may be too high for your rifle.

I have several of the Warne x-skel mounts on ARs, including on my primary 3-gun rifle. They are excellent mounts. That said, the ring height is 1.435", which is meant for an MSR. It may be too high for your rifle.

Thank you for the info. The rifle uses an AR15 grip and buttstock, so an AR type mount is perfect.