• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Mount or Rings for ZCO

[email protected]

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2014
Just bought a Vudoo rifle and a ZCO 5-27. Looking for a mount or rings to attach. I’m sure all of the options on the market will suffice and work fine, but I was interested in 2 options:

The Spuhr mount for the built in level, 6 screws and QD just for convenience.
The other was the ARC M10 rings for hinged route. Seems like they might be a little nicer for even/equal pressure around the tube?

I’ve also read that MasterPiece Arms, ARC, RRS, Tier One, and Talley all make mounts or rings for 36mm.

Is there one that seems be better than the rest? I’ve always used seekins but they don’t make 36mm rings.
Also does anyone know if the QD mount affects performance at all? Add substantial weight to the mount? Is there a reason for getting the QD or not getting the QD over standard screws?

Just bought a Vudoo rifle and a ZCO 5-27. Looking for a mount or rings to attach. I’m sure all of the options on the market will suffice and work fine, but I was interested in 2 options:

The Spuhr mount for the built in level, 6 screws and QD just for convenience.
The other was the ARC M10 rings for hinged route. Seems like they might be a little nicer for even/equal pressure around the tube?

I’ve also read that MasterPiece Arms, ARC, RRS, Tier One, and Talley all make mounts or rings for 36mm.

Is there one that seems be better than the rest? I’ve always used seekins but they don’t make 36mm rings.
Also does anyone know if the QD mount affects performance at all? Add substantial weight to the mount? Is there a reason for getting the QD or not getting the QD over standard screws?
I have Spuhr on my ZCOs and have zero complaints. Initially, I thought I wanted QDs, but I shoot at a public range and I had nightmares over someone “QD’ing” my scope and walking off with it while I was taking a leak. Other than that, I haven’t heard of anyone having issues with them, but it seems as though QD’s aren’t all that popular or common. I could be wrong on that though.

I run a Spuhr QDP-6002 with my ZCO 527 on my AIAX and its perfect. The issue you'll run into with a QD Spuhr mount for your application is the height. As far as i know, Spuhr only offers the QD variant in a 1.5" height/0MOA (QDP-6002 and QDP-6016) which is fine if you're running your Vudoo in a flat top chassis but would sit sky high over the barrel otherwise. For that reason, you'd end up with a non-QD Spuhr.

I like my Spuhr mounts, they're tanks and they've never let me down. ARC M10 rings are also another great option though. they're idiot proof and super simple to use. 2 bolts per.... torque and done. i see myself using a lot more of them in the future.

What chassis/stock are you dropping the Vudoo into??

CS Tactical posted this earlier in the scopes forum:

1606241541320.png
1606241541320.png

I run a Spuhr QDP-6002 with my ZCO 527 on my AIAX and its perfect. The issue you'll run into with a QD Spuhr mount for your application is the height. As far as i know, Spuhr only offers the QD variant in a 1.5" height/0MOA (QDP-6002 and QDP-6016) which is fine if you're running your Vudoo in a flat top chassis but would sit sky high over the barrel otherwise. For that reason, you'd end up with a non-QD Spuhr.

I like my Spuhr mounts, they're tanks and they've never let me down. ARC M10 rings are also another great option though. they're idiot proof and super simple to use. 2 bolts per.... torque and done. i see myself using a lot more of them in the future.

What chassis/stock are you dropping the Vudoo into??

It’s going on a MPA BA comp.

It’s going on a MPA BA comp.
If you decide on QD, you'll probably have to look past Spuhr then. I can't speak to the other QD mounts you have listed because i haven't personally used them... all reputable companies though.

I would grab a set of ARC M10 mediums (36mm tube / 28mm/1.10" height). In fact i just ordered the same set

If you decide on QD, you'll probably have to look past Spuhr then. I can't speak to the other QD mounts you have listed because i haven't personally used them... all reputable companies though.

I would grab a set of ARC M10 mediums (36mm tube / 28mm/1.10" height). In fact i just ordered the same set

Do you know if they offer a bubble level version?

I have the non qd spuhr on my ax and I love it.

Attachments

• DD55F58D-7FEE-4D8F-80FB-DBB54AD01915.jpeg
    DD55F58D-7FEE-4D8F-80FB-DBB54AD01915.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 183
What do you have wrapped around your scope?

It's da Shizzle........ ;) (y)(y)(y)

I have both ARC and Spuhr for my ZCOs. I have zero complaints about either of them.
I do like the Spuhr a little better for the easy of removal/swapping between rifles

no real reason for the bubble level, you cant see it much and even if you could its meh
and the QD takes roughly 20 seconds less time to swap than a regular mount

I’m looking at getting the ARC rings over the spuhr for a ZCO 4-20. Not sure how much room the Spuhr will leave me to add a bubble.

I’ve got a ZCO 5x27-56 in a Spuhr QD 6002 on a MPA BA Comp shooting a 6.5 and it fits fantastic. If you have any interest in a Send It level you’ll want to opt for the non QD though.

Do you have it on a vudoo?
I don't. I've swapped between my main match rifle and hunting rifle so far. And I'm in the habit of pulling the scope for barrel changes as well. No issues with return to zero. It will also do time on my RimX when it shows up, and until I can save up pennies for another ZCO

I don't. I've swapped between my main match rifle and hunting rifle so far. And I'm in the habit of pulling the scope for barrel changes as well. No issues with return to zero. It will also do time on my RimX when it shows up, and until I can save up pennies for another ZCO

Is there a reason you don’t go with a nightforce over the ZCO? I keep bouncing between the nightforce and ZCO... I ordered the ZCO, but the nightforce atacr 7-35 is looking super tempting being $500 less and offering 7x more magnification.

Is there a reason you don’t go with a nightforce over the ZCO? I keep bouncing between the nightforce and ZCO... I ordered the ZCO, but the nightforce atacr 7-35 is looking super tempting being $500 less and offering 7x more magnification.
how often are you gonna use the 27-35x range?

how often are you gonna use the 27-35x range?

I’m not sure. I’m putting this on a vudoo 22 which will be a competition rifle. Some matches they’re shooting long range (up to 500-600 yards) and as close as 25 yards. Some local matches are shooting match heads at 25 yards away. So might be nice to have the extra zoom on matches like that?? I’ve never owned a 35x optic, so I really don’t know. Wish I could have a more definitive answer, but I just don’t know until I have it and use it. Might never use it?

I’m not sure. I’m putting this on a vudoo 22 which will be a competition rifle. Some matches they’re shooting long range (up to 500-600 yards) and as close as 25 yards. Some local matches are shooting match heads at 25 yards away. So might be nice to have the extra zoom on matches like that?? I’ve never owned a 35x optic, so I really don’t know. Wish I could have a more definitive answer, but I just don’t know until I have it and use it. Might never use it?
i shoot 22 (and center fire matches) match out to 400. havent left 16x in months. it takes really ideal conditions to use more.

whether its a 5-25 or 7-35 the sweet spot of 15-20x is still in the middle of the scope

I generally keep my zco at about 15 power