• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope mount selection

gol1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2008
ISRAEL
Hello

I have a Sako Trg-42 installed in a Cadex defense Dual Strike chassis.
The rifle is chamberd in 338 LM.
Scope is S&B 5-25X56 PM2 at the moment model 4302, 1.5" tall
My problem is that even after lowering the cheek piece to it's lowest position the scope is to low to get a good sight picture and i need to squeeze my face tightly to the cheek piece, I am looking at ordering a taller scope mount and found the following options:
1. Spuhr sphur SP-4008 which is 1.7" tall and has 0 slope
2. ADM Condition one 1.7" tall 0/20 moa slope
3. Badger ordnance condition one 1.7"

Spuhr has recommended me to take a mount with no slope since the rail on the Cadex chassis already has 20 moa built in to it.
I would be really happy you hear your thoughts and recommendations
Thank you

Hmmm. Having a 1.5” tall mount and not being able to get low enough on the cheek….

I’d lean towards user error or incorrect fundamentals/cheek placement.

I’m sure it’s possible, but at the very least it’s extremely rare. I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen 1.5” mounts too low for someone.

While I can't rule out what you offered and wish it was the situation since it's the cheapest solution in that same range session I used 3 different setups without any problem and with good results.
I have been shooting for 30 years now and ranked very high in matches here.
That's the only rifle I have this problem with.
I contacted Cadex regarding lower cheek piece but at the moment they don't have any solution.
My face and neck are pretty long and I believe that the problem is with my physical dimensions.
I always try to be as low as possible in my shooting position.
I changed to the Cadex because I wanted the folding stock and long picatinny rail, but today I am starting to think maybe I should go back to the SAKO factory stock
Thank you!

If you’re sure it’s just a physical thing, hard to go wrong with Spuhr.

Reactions: gol1
Hello

I have a Sako Trg-42 installed in a Cadex defense Dual Strike chassis.
The rifle is chamberd in 338 LM.
Scope is S&B 5-25X56 PM2 at the moment model 4302, 1.5" tall
My problem is that even after lowering the cheek piece to it's lowest position the scope is to low to get a good sight picture and i need to squeeze my face tightly to the cheek piece, I am looking at ordering a taller scope mount and found the following options:
1. Spuhr sphur SP-4008 which is 1.7" tall and has 0 slope
2. ADM Condition one 1.7" tall 0/20 moa slope
3. Badger ordnance condition one 1.7"

Spuhr has recommended me to take a mount with no slope since the rail on the Cadex chassis already has 20 moa built in to it.
I would be really happy you hear your thoughts and recommendations
Thank you
Go with a Near Mfg, Camrose AB, talk with him. Richard's ph +17806082441.

Only mount I use on my long guns. Order 20 moa, as that would give you 80 moa oof scope elevation.

Kraken w Kahles 525i (110 moa)