• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scope mounting M1A socom II?

huntersedge89

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
NE WI
I was wondering for those of you that have a m1a socom II without the extended rail that doesn't extend back to the rear of the receiver, how are you running optics? without going to a scout type scope or red dot. I've seen pictures of people that have used a extend AR type scope mount put on backwards, anyone try this and if so how does it work for you?

Re: Scope mounting M1A socom II?

Sorry, forgot to add that I have the sage ebr stock. I'm not sure how the sage stripper clip mount would line up with the socom II rails. You could always give Sage a call and see what they have to say.

You could run a scout scope in the forward position. Leupold and Burris both make a nice model. Make sure to get a medium height ring though, the eyepiece can ride too low on a low ring and hit the front of the receiver. You can also go with a 1x red dot. The Aimpoint CompML3 or CompML4 would be a great setup that can certainly take a beating. Any EOTech would also be a good way to go.

You can always add a mount over the receiver to mount a standard optic with a higher magnification or still a red dot.

I use a Troy rail on My M-14 that I use for work and its a great setup and will work with the Sage stock or any other stock and allows for stock removal with out taking off the rail. not sure if you want to replace the socom rail completely.