• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope options for Savage 338 Lapua

suffolkbowhunter

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2010
Hi guys! First post. i know there is a ton of info on this site. My question is what do you guys recommend as scope options for the Savage 338 Lapua. Can you give me top end options and also lower end options. Thanks

Re: Scope options for Savage 338 Lapua

No, but I can give you a search engine link that will actually work.
grin.gif

Click this

Haaa lol!

Yeh got off yer butt and search... but anyway to answer your question.

High End:
March
Schmidt & Bender
Swarovski
Zeiss
Nightforce
US Optics

Im sure I missed a few but those are the ones I care about.

Nightforce is good value for money and my recomendation is there.

Anyway this dead horse gets beat every day, so spend some time researching.

Take a look at the Sightron S3 (6-24-50 LR/MD)

I JUST got a .338LM... did all the searching... and reviews.... touching... feeling scopes... Had a budget of about $1000 to $1200...

The Sightron S3 is a VERY hard scope to beat... The glass from reviews of owners that have others put it up against the HIGH END scopes and it stayed with or beat them...

It DOES have covered turrets... Some DONT like that.. I DO... as I DONT want my knobs being turned on accident...

It is NOT a lit reticle... but there again.. I DID NOT want one..

I think its definately worth a look..

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

Not a problem.

I will get some pics snapped of mine... and post them up...

Matt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suffolkbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Such a welcoming bunch.......</div></div>

Popcorn, anyone? Beer?

John - out

I have an SN-3 3.8-22x44 on my .338LM. If experience is a required qualifier for making a suggestion, then that's all I can offer.

go big or go home! My money was on my S&B LOL. do some research and find what you like. I kinda like to blow the bank and get something nice and not have to upgrade or worry about it... maybe that's why I'm broke! From the research I've done, I think Nightforce will probably give you the most bang for your buck.