• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scope options???

james24

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Shreveport, Louisiana
New guy here. Finally made a name to post. Got some questions.

I got a remington 700 adl .308 varmint gun. I have a nikon 4.5-14-40 scope on it. Its the buck master one. I have been talking with a few friends bout getting one with turrents on it so i can learn to shoot long distance. Here is my scopes i have found:

Burris 4.5-14-42

Super sniper 10-42

Wotac 4-14-50

Now the Burris doesnt have the turrents but does have the bdc. I probaly wont shoot past 500yd cause its mostly a deer gun but do shoot for fun. What do yall suggest or think bout my choices for around the 300 to 350 price

Re: Scope options???

I started with a 16x42 ss it was a great scope for the money and when you out grow it you will sell it easily. Remember you will have to get new rings for the 30mm tube.

Thanks. I been looking at those but im leaning more towards an adjustable scope due to hunting some really close deer stands with it. But far ones also

Thanks alot. How does that one compare to the Burris. The Burris i can get for 258 bucks. Maybe i can find a used menace

I dont know if i could figure the turrents out. Ive looked at them and all on a millet and just got confused.

I got a WOTAC 4x14 by 50. It works great and I do twrist the knobs on it a lot. I use it to shoot out to 1000y every month and during that time I shoot 400y, 600y and 800y. I also shoot the first Sat of the month at 100y, 200y and 300y. So the scope does get a work out and it has not been any problems with it. It is not as clear or clean looking glass as a nightforce that just blows me away but it didn't cost $1800 either. It cost $300. It holds a zero. It will shoot a box any time I check it. It works great. I hope this helps.

Just another option.........I'm pretty sure you can get turrets for your Nikon. My Buckmaster came with two sets, one low profile and another regular height. I think Nikon optics are very good and the Buckmaster a particularly good value.

okie