• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope or Spotter upgrade?

Dumb_Like_Fox

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Hey there, quick question to throw out there. I've currently got a pretty sweet rifle, with a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15 on it. Optical quality seems fine, the turret adjustments seem a little bit on the wack side though, and I definitely have an issue with a lack of adjustment when dialing out to further ranges (its basically maxed at a 200 yard zero). I wrote a post about it acouple years ago but haven't been on here in a while. I also have a crap spotting scope thats not even worth using. If you were in my position, what would be your first priority:
a) New scope (thinking of either a Vortex or Leupy)
b) Leupold Mark 4 spotter
I'd be able to check point of impact out acouple hundred yards with the spotter, but thats only good for shorter ranges so I'd probably have to shoot steel past that anyway. What do you think? I'm pretty much a noob and have only shot with any measure of success out to 200-300 yards anyway...but I'm hoping to change all that with a little ammo and practice.

Re: Scope or Spotter upgrade?

I would get a better scope for the rifle first. Sell the Bushnell and save for a spotting scope. You should be able to find a decent used spotting scope for a few hundred dollars and move up to a better one if you think you need to.

Hmmm 38 views and only one response. Stupid question or something? I take it the scope is more important but the one I've got doesn't suck completely, its just not the greatest...

said yourself it's whack, i dont know what that is but assuming it means shit